• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit digging

macy

Young Bun
hi i have started letting my rabbit go free range in my garden but she has started digging holes. i got rid if her run as didnt need it anymore as she was in whole of the garden. any comments on what i could do would be very grateful.

jo

There is nothing you can do unfortunately. I have the same problem with my bun Penny.

You just have to closely supervise her and keep checking the garden for any holes and filling them in. Be careful though as I actually thought I'd lost Penny. It turned out she was down a hole that she'd been working on for some time that I hadn't noticed! I managed to put my arm down - feel her bum and drag her out! It's buns natural instinct and nothing will take that away. Out of my four buns though, she is the only one who does it.

Mine seem to dig where there is moss on the grass as they seem to like the roots - a lot :shock:

I've started to put the run where there isn't moss, but then sometimes they dig the corners anyway!

Bunnies dig - I think we just have to live with it!!

Back