• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day Tarquin (shared by Bella who missed hers)

Becca6

Mama Doe
My sweet boy. This time a year ago, your Auntie Sooz rang me to say that you were looking for a new home as you were a bit too boisterous for the bunny you’d gone to live with. Sooz knew I’d fallen in love with you but because Bella wasn’t ready for a husbun yet I’d missed out on you - this was the first photo that I saw of you:

30-07-07_2132.jpg

(taken by Sooz)

Sooz thought you needed a feisty girlie bun and she was on the lookout for a boy bun for Bella who would be able to stand up to her, and we thought you’d be perfect together.

So this time last year I went to fetch you from Sooz’s and fell in love with you all over again in real life.

200708272045Tarquin-resizeda.jpg

Photobucket-Tarquin.jpg

One of my most favourite photos of you:

200805302015Tarquin02-1.jpg

You and Bell decided to be awkward and didn’t want to fall in love when me and Sooz wanted you to, so you ended up living separately until earlier this year when Bell took matters into her own paws and broke through the barricade, and after a nervous slow bond over a few days when I wasn’t sure whether I was doing the right thing, you moved in together one Sunday and have been happy together ever since.

The week before Bell decided to join you on your side of the pen:

200802191918BellaandTarquin-resi-1.jpg

Your first snuggle:

200802240856BellaandTarquin-resized.jpg

Dear little T, I love you so very much. You may be a tiny bun, but your character and personality are huge, and the love you have for Bell has me in tears at times. You are a truly special bunny and I thank my lucky stars that you were able to come and share my life.

Image045-resized1.jpg

Image047-resized1.jpg

Photobucket-Tarquin-4.jpg

We missed Bella’s first gotcha day earlier this year as I was away, so you are sharing today as your first gotcha day. Bell came into my life last July when I was still heartbroken at losing my precious Harvey. She was four months old and had been sold as a pair and returned because she beat up the other bun. No-one wanted her, but I was told about her and went to see her and fell in love with her.

Your first pictures, taken at the Dog Kennels where you were staying:

200707061326Bella-resized1.jpg

200707061327Bella01-Bella.jpg

I went home to decide whether it was the right thing getting you so soon after losing Harvey, and spent all weekend worrying about you being surrounded by very barky dogs. I rang on the Monday and said I wanted to give you a home, and went to fetch you on Tuesday. My worries that you would be completely stressed by all the barking were unfounded, and you sat in the carrier on the way home completely unfazed by it all. You have carried on the same way, and definitely rule the roost - Ollie and T both know where they stand, as do I, and we wouldn't have it any other way my big beautiful girl.

BT-8-1.jpg

200805301847Bella02-resizedd.jpg

Photobucket-Bella-1.jpg

You weren’t, and aren’t an easy bunny, but I love you the way you are and wouldn’t want you to change. You make me laugh with your determination to get to places I don’t want you to go, or where I don’t think you can go you prove you can, your spirit makes me love you all the more,

Image043-resizedd.jpg

Image042-resizedd.jpg

Now, you are both happily bonded, and you both give me so much joy that I can’t imagine you not being in my life.

BellaandTarquin-2-resizedf.jpg

BellaandTarquin-1-resizedf.jpg

Thank you Bell and T, and thank you Sooz from the bottom of my heart for letting T come and share our lives.

Photobucket-BellaandTarquin.jpg

200805251017BellaandTarquin.jpg

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to mark this first year with a post dedicated to my beautiful buns, and even if no-one wants to read it, it’s something I wanted to do so that I can look and see my buns' story in writing and pictures.

Aaaaaaaw Happy Gotcha day, you are both beautiful and after having stay with us on your holidays I can understand why your mummy loves you so much.

Back