• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do i need to ask

deez

Warren Scout
i'm picking up sooty and sweep either today or tomorrow- well hopefully, gotta take in a pic of set up for them- hopefully will be ok.
anyway if all goes well, what do i need to ask the rspca?
so far i have thought of

how much food and how often?( both on diets)
and when next vaccinations are due?
should i take them to vets asap for check up, or have they been seen recently?

advice greatly appreciated- getting so excited

i dont know hun, id be sooo excited id forget to ask anything... my mom got a load of addoption papers when she got her cats which says when they were last vaccinated thier approx age etc

only thing id be asking is can i take them home now :oops::lol::lol::lol:

well i would but both big kids are away til today- OH not really a rabbit person--yet lol. he said he doesnt particularly want rabbits-- but like he does anything with the others anyway, except dogs.
sure he'll be as daft as the rest of us when he see s them.

ste does the fake im not bothered too... but hes the one who lies on the floor so pearl can lick his head :lol::lol::lol::lol:

he also looks quite hurt exch time alvin hops away from him :(

I foster for the RSPCA... when I send my bunnies off they go with a standard adoption pack, with a form filled in about their food, and when they were eating it, I also send a weeks supply of the food they are on with me, for a gradual switch over... I fill in what veggies they have received from me, and if they like hay on the floor or in a rack (i do have some buns that wont touch hay from a hay rack!) I fill in the dates they received their worming treatment, and I send the vaccination card which has all the details of when they were last vaccinated... They go with a clean bill of health from our vets, unless specified, and I try to explain their behavior patterns, and how long they took to settle when they first arrived with me, so you don't have to worry about different habits they may have, I say if I have had any success in litter training, and often send them on with their favorite item (be it a toy or blanket)so they have something familiar (though this is just a personal thing that i like to do) As an adopter of bunnies, I would take them to my vets, just so my vet can meet them, and they can get registered on the system, and then they fill in their due dates on their vaccines so if I forget i get a letter!! But as we send them off with a full health check, and such, it's not a necessity if your vet will charge you for this (mine is lovely, and never charges me for a simple consult and check over... I know some places charge an arm and a leg just to look at your animal) Before they leave, I try to remember to ask them if there is anything else they want to know, and tell them if they have any problems or are worried then they are welcome to give me a call, and find out if it's normal etc! So really you shouldn't have to worry about asking loads of things, because it should really all be gone through!

Back