• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lump after injection.....

miffy's mum

Warren Scout
hi everyone,
its been about 2 weeks scince miffy had his myxi injection, the vet did some of the injection just at the base of his ear. I was having a little stroke of him and i felt like a scaby lump. He dosnt seem to be pain when i touch it, so im just guessing that its a little scab? but shoudnt it have fallen off by now? :?

It depends on his healing rate; plus he might have scratched the original scab off, causing another one to form.

If you're worried give your vet a ring :wave:

biggles had the same it grew to the size of an egg and took 6 weeks to clear, did you vet massage it after as it suppose to lessen any reaction, i didnt worry about bigs as he as he was fine happy eating and jumping around

biggles had the same it grew to the size of an egg and took 6 weeks to clear, did you vet massage it after as it suppose to lessen any reaction, i didnt worry about bigs as he as he was fine happy eating and jumping around

An egg :shock: Please say we're not talking a large egg...?

a small egg honest it happened twice just up inbetween the shoulder blades hard lump with a scab on top , i was not aware at the time the area is suppose to massaged , when i asked at the vets they just said keep an eye on it and watch for any changes, he was fine,just worried the time it took to heal, its supposed to be very rare and hes the only bun ive ever known it to happen too, never happened to any of my other buns

a small egg honest it happened twice just up inbetween the shoulder blades hard lump with a scab on top , i was not aware at the time the area is suppose to massaged , when i asked at the vets they just said keep an eye on it and watch for any changes, he was fine,just worried the time it took to heal, its supposed to be very rare and hes the only bun ive ever known it to happen too, never happened to any of my other buns

That's good to hear; I was picturing a massive lump :lol:

:wave:
im going to keep an eye on him, he seems happy enough and i know he keeps scratching behind that ear, so maybe he has got the other scab off.

lump after jab

My Belgian Hare Bracken has a large lump after being vaccinated for myxi. We took him back to the vets who gave him metacam and advised we have to syringe him twice a day for the next week - only problem is that Bracken hates the stuff and gets far too stressed for us to force him! My concern is that he is booked in for neutering and his vhd jab next week...but I worry that he will then come up in another lump after the next injection! The vet said that his lump could be an abcess as it is very hard and has a scab on it, and they are going to take a look next week under anasthesia if it hasn't gone down. anyone had similar problem?

They quite often get a scab after jabs. They tend to come up a few days/week after and take awhile to heal :(

Back