• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urine Sample...?

foxyfaerie

Mama Doe
My little bundle of fluff, Azrael, has recently been totally missing the litter box; not all the time, but often enough to worry.

At the vets last week we were advised to try and get a urine sample. Easy? No. Since she lives with Lucifer & Nyx I can't just empty the litter tray & wait for her too pee as unless I watched her like a hawk I couldn't be certain it was her pee I was handing in.

My question? Do you think I could ask my vet if I could take her & have her bladder expressed? Or might this cause more problems?

i posted the other day about bunnie and a pee sample.. a sure way to get a pee out of alvin is a car ride.. maybe you could take her out on her own in the empty carrier to get pee?

I would think you vet should be able to express some urine, unless she's been recently. I took in a guinea pig who I was worried about and the vet did it there and then and we did a test. I suppose it depends on how good your vet is and how full her bladder is.:D

I would think you vet should be able to express some urine, unless she's been recently. I took in a guinea pig who I was worried about and the vet did it there and then and we did a test. I suppose it depends on how good your vet is and how full her bladder is.:D

The train of thought was that either it's painful to pee, so she does it as little as possible, in small amounts, or she holds on for too long then can't get to the tray in time. She usually has quite a rounded tummy though, which I now assume is due to her bladder? She's a lionhead so she's quite small, when I weighed her last she was spot-on 3lbs :love:

Back