• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch size!

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
My boys are currently living in a 4ft standard pet shop hutch at the moment. I know this is not ideal looking at some of the threads and reading up on the internet.
I'm looking to upgrade their hutch. What size would you recommend for two mini lops?
Their hutch is kept inside a shed, so I can't really have a run underneath, although they do have access to a separate outdoor run as well :)

x

well if you dont have anythign else in the shed you can always have them free range in the shed, :D

if not, i would recommend a 6 foot x 2 foot x 2 foot hutch x

well if you dont have anythign else in the shed you can always have them free range in the shed, :D

I second this. My girls have a shed to sleep in. As I have five in there I have added a second level to give them more room. They have a little door of their own which I leave open during the day. Perhaps you could attach your run to the shed.:)

Hi, I have a mini lop and dwarf lop as a bonded pair. They live in a 6x2x2 hutch sat on top of a 6x4 run in the garage, and have access to a run in the garden in good weather or the house in bad weather. They were in a 6x2x2 hutch which was fine but they do seem much happier with the extra space they have now. I guess the best thing is to get the biggest space you can afford/practically fit into your home/garden with 6x2x2 being the minimum. Good luck. x

Thanks for all your replies :)
Due to the size of the shed, the biggest size hutch we could get would be a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft. This could be opened all day so the buns have run of the shed. We would like to have a hutch, especially in winter, so the boys have somewhere to snuggle during the cold nights.

x

Due to the size of the shed, the biggest size hutch we could get would be a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft. This could be opened all day so the buns have run of the shed. We would like to have a hutch, especially in winter, so the boys have somewhere to snuggle during the cold nights.

x

yeh lots of people have hutches in their sheds full of hay so that buns cans snuggle in there if they want to but leave the door open at all times of they can run around the shed, so if you can do that then you wouldn't need to actually upgrade your hutches if you were to leave it open all the time

if you want to shut them away at night then a bigger hutch will be needed :)

xxx

x

Could you go for a 'double decker' hutch? Thistle hall is about the right size and would fit in your shed, or even a 5ft double decker

Back