• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Harry please.

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
OMG what a morning! I've just returned from the vets with Harry, our chinchilla bunny - I had to take him in, because one of my other males Oscar decided it would be a good idea to try to rip his ear off!! I've been trying to bond a group of 4 with Harry & his mate Ruby - well this morning it went horribly wrong between Harry & Oscar.

Oscar has bitten Harry's ear so badly, our vet has had to remove about a 3rd of it. I feel so bad, as I just felt this wasn't going to happen, as previous bonding sessions this week had been going ok. Although there had been fur pulling & chasing between some of the groups, there hadn't been any full on fights. I thought the group looked like it was going to work out - safe to say I will now not be bonding Harry & Ruby into Oscar's group. At the moment Harry is trying to come round in our spare room, where he is quiet & tucked up in his bed. I'm just hoping he will be ok & that the anaesthetic doesn't have any ill effects on him - especially after losing Barney earlier in the week.

I'm so sorry Harry for what's happened to you. Come on my beautiful little man, be strong for mummy & daddy xxx

oh god! i have just done a group and was paranoid peanut would hurt one ofmy others, especially pebbles as shes so delicate!

poor harry!!! sending vibes for him!!xxx

Thanks guys, Harry seems to have come round ok at the moment, although he's not eaten anything yet. Gonna keep my eye on him & try to tempt him with his favourite herbs & fresh grass! Fingers crossed he'll be ok, albeit part of his ears gone. Poor little mite, he's such a handsome chap too.

Back