• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, I need some resilient cable protectors

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I have always encased my cables in that clear plastic tubing stuff like you use for siphoning water from fishtanks.

but Apache has decided they are the most delicious treat ever and once he has eaten them. Sorrel eats the wires - they are like oartners in crime :shock:

Ive got boxes up against all the cables at the minute but its not really a long term solution, could anyone suggest anything to withstand his teeth?

If you have a Poundland they sell boxes of 4 metres of cable tidy for £1. I put this around every single wire - they also sell some reinforced silver insulating tape and I wrap this around the cable tidy. I then get a cloth which has "Bitter Apple Spray" on and wipe the cables with these. Its hard work - it took me for ever and she still likes a little nibble now and then - but it gives me a bit more time to discover her and shoo her away.

Just noticed your in Leeds - Poundland in St Johns Centre sells the stuff - but I got the Bitter Apple Spray off Ebay.

I use cable trunking you can get it from any DIY store - its the stuff with the clip on top section and you can then peel the plastic thing off the back and stick it to the wall and paint it to match :D Not had a bun get through it yet and my lot will eat ANYTHING !! :lol:

Here's a pic

cable.jpg

Note the chewed pine chest of draws next to it .... :roll:

Looking at that pic... why did I not take a piece down first and run it along the skirting???? I am so dense sometimes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back