• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Strider...

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone, my name is Strider - my foster mum said I have to be brave so gave me a name to fit...
So why do I have to be brave? :? I'm a handsome, healthy chap... right?
s1.jpg

WRONG!
s2.jpg

I have a nasty facial abcess :cry: I keep on getting jabbed by some nasty humans in a strange place where all the animals seem sad :(
s3.jpg

and they keep talking about something that sounds pretty scarey... surgery :shock:. they're trying to shrink this awful thing on my face a bit first and will then x-ray me.
Just to add to my problems, I have awful teeth which will probably cause me problems for the rest of my life (although they say there is some hope of keeping them good by eating that yucky hay stuff :roll:). And the final kick in the nuts is that I have entropion - my top eyelids roll in, so I might need surgery to fix that too :cry:
s4.jpg

I'm in a right state and my foster mum told me that I should ask you all for some 'vibes' - not sure what that means, but I'm hoping it's edible :)
Thanks for listening to me moaning :wave:

ohh baby,.....vibes your way (not sure they are edible tho) keep eating that hay its really good for you get your foster mum to try the meadow stuff thats my favourite none of this awful timothy hay...i mean who wants another bunnys hay? dont want it second hand of timothy whoever he is no thank you!!! i like my meadow hay! yum.... anyhows good luck hope its ok think that awful place is vets...last time i went there i got speyed...that was the worst thing ever!!!!!
lots of love dora xxx

I met this gorgeous boy yesterday..and I think he may be staying with his "foster" mum for some time! (think she loves him!!:D) He is one lovely teddy bear of a bun!:love:
He really has a lot of treatment to get through but is lucky to have Faye caring for him
Vibes coming your way Strider xx

Awwwww Strider sweetheart - sending you lots of vibes, hugs, cuddles & love!!! Be a big brave boy & make sure you eat lots & lots of hay!!! :love::love::love::love:

Big hugs, lots of vibes and a cyber carrot for something edible ;)

When I did work experience at the vets (I think I've told this story before) there was a rabbit called Charlie brought in and no matter what the vets told the owners, they wouldn't feed him properly. They did whatever the pet store owner told them (I'm not saying all pet shop owners are wrong, but this one was. 100% pellets, I think, or near enough). Charlie eventually came in with a huge abscess and severe malocclusion- an x-ray showed his teeth were so bad they were going into the sides of his mouth and one was on its way to his brain (I saw the x-ray and I can understand why the vets were so upset). Charlie died that night. They had to put him to sleep.

Oh little poor little guy, chin up, all will be ok. :love: You are such a beautiful bun, sending all the vibes i can for your special boy. Aunty Faye will look after you very well.

get mommie to rub some strawberries or your fav food on the hay it might make it taste a little better all my buns love oat wheat and barley too, sending lots of vibes your a strong boy you will be fine

Awww you poor little man, but oh so brave. Those abscesses are nasty things, so sending lots and lots of vibes for you. Peppermint also sends vibes and says to hang in there as he's seen suffering with abscesses himself since January, but the yukky medicine does help and so can those nasty visits to strange places where the other animals go too. Keeping everything crossed for you and keep eating that hay!:D

Back