• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

travelling rabbits

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I am going to pick up my rabbit this weekend, we will be travelling back on Tuesday or Wednesday

I have bought a travel cage for him, and a water bottle. I know to include some nibbles for the journey. But what else can I do to make the journey more comfortable for him.

We will be travelling for around three hours by train and bus. I am hoping to go during the day, so that I don't hit rush hour, then I will not have delays

i would put a wet/damp towel over the top of the carrier, to keep him cool and to be less exposed to the world around him

bet you cant wait :D:D:D

eta - news paper and hay on the bottom so he dont slip around too... ste forgot when we last went to the vets with our buns and all i could hear was the poor things slipping about :evil:

I use to regularly travel 5/6 hours by car from Berks to Northumberland (then back). I put a bunch of parsely in water either in a small bag or container. When we stopped I would try to feed my two. It's important to keep them hydrated. Mostly they would eat but even then you can use the parsely to wet their mouths so they lick the water. Also keep them cool and either talk or sing to them!

Anthony & Max & Harlie

Back