• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HUtch size...

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so my pairs live out in my 10ft hutch/run combo.

But it has been hard enough in summer (if we can call it that) keeping them dry etc. We have covers for the run but it just builds up.

I feel that the best thing for winter is to purchase two hutches for night time and time in extreme weather and then i can put them out in the run when the weather is okay.

I thought of getting a lavender lodge for one pair and a thistle hall for the other pair.

However i noticed happy hutch do single level..so was thinking of getting two of them but what is a decent size?

xx

I'm having the same problem, so some of my buns are moving into the garage for winter. I'm thinking of getting 8ft hutches specially made for the pairs, and 5 or 6ft hutches for the singles.

Not sure I'll have the money though, and might just end up moving the outdoor hutches indoors :oops:

I'm having the same problem, so some of my buns are moving into the garage for winter. I'm thinking of getting 8ft hutches specially made for the pairs, and 5 or 6ft hutches for the singles.

Not sure I'll have the money though, and might just end up moving the outdoor hutches indoors :oops:

So im not alone.

I know money is something to consider too and space. Cant go too large due to 10ft run and new playhouse and run plus guinea pig hutches and runs lol.

Would a 6ft one be adequate enough for night time for them...?

x

Yeah, easily big enough if they'll be out during the day

How big is the lavendar lodge?

Cheers for help by the way.

Can always put them out in the runs for day, if weather allows me too!

I want to start gettin organised for it. Got piggies hutch covers and the 5 if bonding works will be in the playhouse!!

x

Back