• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guinea Pig

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
A few of you may remember me separating my rabbit and guinea pig (never would i put the two together ever again) and then worrying about the guinea pig being lonely.

So my OH decided to get me a friend for him and now they are happily bonded, after hours of humping last night...

Wahoooooxx

yayyyyyyyyy that is fab news:D:D:D

Hehe thanks huni for advice last night.

Its great, they are currently still in my bedroom. Im thinking of moving them outdoors on Sunday so im around to keep an eye on them.

I remember reading that hearing my girl guinea pigs could cause them to argue, is this true?

xox

I was in the same situation.
I had a rabbit and guinea pig who had been together since they were 6 weeks and it was considered normal back then until i joined this forum!
I thought OH MY GOD!!! I better seperate them as they'll be happier with their own breeed. I ended up saving a neglected bunny called Ghostie, nursing her back to full fat health and then getting a baby rescue piggie.
All bonded, all MUCH happier.
Thanks to Siona for Ghostie. She helped Ghostie alot and bought her to me :D

I was in the same situation.
I had a rabbit and guinea pig who had been together since they were 6 weeks and it was considered normal back then until i joined this forum!
I thought OH MY GOD!!! I better seperate them as they'll be happier with their own breeed. I ended up saving a neglected bunny called Ghostie, nursing her back to full fat health and then getting a baby rescue piggie.
All bonded, all MUCH happier.
Thanks to Siona for Ghostie. She helped Ghostie alot and bought her to me :D

I know i contacted you a while ago.
Im so glad i did it now. Even though there still abit quiet. Guessing cos there not used to being inside.

Cant wait for them to go back outside :D

x

That is fantastic news, will look forward to the pics:) We had a rabbit and GP living together boarding that were never collected, we kept them and separated them and got them each a new mate of their own kind from Bunnymadhouse's rescue.

Back