• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sooty and sweep are reserved

deez

Warren Scout
and they have my name on them!!!!
so went yesterday and today to rspca, and took daughter with me. she feel in love with sooty, and my little one loves sweep.
they are a bit bigger, than i had originally planned, but they are sweethearts- really friendly and sooty sat in my girls arms for a good few mins quite happily.
so went and got the biggest crate i could find, a ball thing for their hay, food bowl, water bottle, willow things, litter tray and litter. and my daughter wants to get a leather sofa bed(meant to be for small dogs)!
i am getting a lavender lodge, indoor fencing- like puppy pen. and bunny proofing the pen over the weekend.
so now a couple of questions- can you think of anything else i need?
what to i put on the floor of the crate?
do large senior buns still need a second ledge in the crate?
what kinda toys should i get?

we re all so excited, are picking them up either sunday or monday

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay thats fantastic hun :) :) :) toilet rolls and willow toys go down a treat in this house..

cant wait to see pics when you get them home

OMG lucky lucky you! :D Conway is only 40 mins from me and I always go and look at RSPCA in that area Sooty & Sweep are sooooo cute :D well done for taking them on they are so :love::love::love::love:

If anyone wants pics look at Conway rspca.

i think they are both 6, the pic really doesnt do them justice. they are huge lol-- more to cuddle. the way my daughters going they re gonna so spoilt.

what do i put on floor of crate? blanket or carpet or sawdust or what lol

i think they are both 6, the pic really doesnt do them justice. they are huge lol-- more to cuddle. the way my daughters going they re gonna so spoilt.

what do i put on floor of crate? blanket or carpet or sawdust or what lol

newspaper or carpet tiles or vetbed maybe

cool- got a spare vetbed. what about second level in crate? sorry for going on, but want everything perfect

i never bothered im too lazy... but i think they do like shelves if youve got the energy to make one.... pearl lies on the top of the cat basket thing i bought and when in boarding she spent a lot of time on the shelf in the cage they had there :) alvin like his mum is too lazy to use a shelf so dont bother with the cat basket :lol::lol::lol:

would be nice to have some sort of box/house in the crate where they can bolt to if they feel a bit threatened

If you're not able to put a shelf in then you can always see if you can find a child's plastic table and put that in the crate along with a box to help the buns get onto it if they aren't good jumpers. Stick some carpet tiles on the top of it so they don't skid off the other side!!you can fit a litter tray under the table if you want. Don't use sawdust in the litter tray as that can cause respiratory problems. Ypu must be so excited!!:lol:

ooh thanks- ive just thought ive got some strong storage box things, get oh to cut a big arch out of side , and they could use as a bolt hole, and have a shelf!! carpet on top, of course, makes sense when some one tells you.
oh ssssooo excited, i cant wait. the quicker i get it all sorted, the quicker i can pick them up

Hi Karen:wave:. I've done a search for the rspca conway link, but the site that comes up is hopele. Can you give me the link please? Ta...

Hi Karen:wave:. I've done a search for the rspca conway link, but the site that comes up is hopele. Can you give me the link please? Ta...

Go into rabbit rehome and search under Wales Conwy then you'll see Sooty & Sweep :love::love::love::love::love: dead cute :D

:oops:Been spelling Conwy wrong spelt it as Conway .

Yay!! How exciting!!

3 of my bunnies are 6 or over, and you'd never tell! They run around and leap up on things like young 'uns.
It depends what Sooty and Sweep have been used to though.

i ve just put up the crate in daughters room, and dont think its gonna be big enough!!! so ive got a puppy play pen to attach to it so we can leave the crate open all the time- these things are costing me a fortune lol, good job i'm so good at spending:roll:

Back