• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And now Amber has decided not to eat... eeeek.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Last Saturday, Barney had a vet trip due to not eating, pooping and being in obvious discomfort. :( Took all day to get him back to his normal self. But he has these 'episodes' when moulting... Amber has never been any trouble, as it were. She's always loved her food. She was fine an hour or so ago, and they were all out in their runs. We just brought them in, and she was sat looking a little tense and subdued. Normally, when they all get back to their hutches they pounce on their food bowls, but she went and sat in her straw corner quietly. So we brought her in and looked her over.. There's no obvious signs of discomfort. Her ears, eyes, mouth are fine (I can't see her back teeth, but the vet has never said her teeth look likely to cause trouble at her twice a year check ups...). She's moving normally and was a little imp to catch when I let her run along the hall to check for any injury. I'm wondering if something might have spooked her, as foxes have been known to trot across the garden and it upset her? Don't like bunny worry! ;~;

I'm wondering what's happened lately, seems to be a lot of buns with poorly tums.

Barney tends to have a funny tummy when ever he is in heavy moult. I almost expect one of his little episodes whenever he is moulting. I thought, this time with him, I'd avoided it by keeping him full of hay - but he went off the hay (he'd been on the Excel stuff, and they changed the consistency of it and he didn't like that), so I'd been feeding him more grass to try and compensate. But not enough, apparently. I ordered three different types of hay from the HayExperts, which arrived today.

But Amber never has before and I've had her for just over a year now. She grooms Barney a lot... And there are often poohs in their run that are joined by fur. She's not behaving as if she is in pain, as he was, though. He was sitting huddled up or flopping constantly, where as Amber is sitting upright but seeming a little subdued and won't eat. She's drinking, and keeps cleaning herself... but her 'attitude' seems all wrong to me? I don't know if that makes sense..

Pippin is in a masive moult at the minute, I was wondering if she had all hair stuck.

All four of mine are moulting very badly at the moment... I can literally pull fur off them in handfuls... and I do that daily, but they keep producing more. :shock: And Amber would groom Barney all day if she could.

Thank you. ^^

She's inside tonight, in a puppy crate. She's alert, sort of nibbled the end of some grass I offered her, then went back to looking rather sad.

Back