• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kizzy's dental was today.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Kizzy, the 8 year old rescue bunny was in for a dental and to have her left tear duct flushed as it has been weeping constantly since we got her. The vet said her teeth are completely worn on the top and she had a few hooks on the bottom, which they have removed. Her tear duct was completely blocked and the vet couldn't get it to open, she thinks its been left for so long the hole has fibrosed over and will not open now. She has said all we can do is give her fucithalmic when it gets infected, which it is more likely to do, being blocked and make sure the area under her eye doesn't get sore. What a poor we thing, when we got her the inside of her eye was a fiery red it was so inflammed, it has calmed down a lot now, but how uncomfotable must it have been.
Mind you my animals have behaved badly with the vets today, Candy, the cat was in for her FIV test and threw a wobbly ( I knew she might :roll:) and after biting me through the nail, we sedated her. When I handed Kizzy in, I warned them she may bite, and she got the vet nurse- OOPS.

Last edited:
Thumper had that trouble the vet managed to get it open in the end, he was on eye drops three times a day and had them flushed once a week, for about six weeks, his eye did get better.

Back