• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried

cal

New Kit
today i earlier posted a thread on my rabbit having diarhea, i booked him in at the vets and he soon started to show signs of improvement, once we got to the vets we waited around half an hour when a large dog kept barking unsettling my bun
we asked how much longer we had to wait and the vet receptionist diddn't know so we left because the rabbit got distressed.
now i have him out and he's hunched over and not himself at all, he ate and obviously pooed this morning but now he us just sitting there. i'm really concerned is there anything i should do ?

xx

It could be the stress of the journey and the dog, or the original problem again or a combination of both. It's a shame you had to leave the vets. I would call the vets again and say you felt you had to leave because of the dog, but need to see the vet as your bunny isn't well.

Unfortunately gut related problems can be quite critical to a rabbit and they can go down hill very quickly. Is he pooing normally and eating, or is he showing the same symptoms as before?

well since i've got him out he's just sitting there he's had the tiniest amount of hay and not pooped since we got back from the vets. it's really hard cos i don't know what to do. i might ring the vets up like you said and get another appointment. cos it's open 24 hours.
i'm really concerned though.
i mean his poop has got better becoming more solid, but he is just sitting hunched up ?

xoxo

I think you really have to take him back now. Did you go in a car? If so tell the receptionist that you'll sit in the car rather than the waiting room till it's your turn. That's what I do. Good luck, and I hope you get things sorted . They are such a worry. <<Vibes>>

does his stomach feel different? hard at all? I'd take him back :S if it is a gut problem he needs attention ASAP.

Being hunched up like that, can be a sign that he is in pain, so really do think you should get him back to the vets. The fact that his poo's were getting better, could be that he's now gone the other way and he's getting bunged up. I know the journey can be stressful for him, but if he is in stasis at least at the end of the journey is a vet who can give him any emergency treatment he needs. Hope it all works out for you.

If you don't have a car to leave him in ask the nurse to take him in the back ! They did that with mine once when lots of dogs were barking and my rabbit was getting so much more stressed! :cry: I really do think your rabbit needs to see a vet as soon as poss just to make sure he doesn't go into stasis. Do keep us posted x Sending vibes ~

Back