• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sore hocks + flooring help please

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
right, peanut has had sore hocks for ages, and i just checked them, and they are scabby and red, have mixed aloe vera plus sudocream for them, and dabbed some on.

checked domino over before i popped him in the run and now HE has sore hocks awell.

im thinking its prob flared up bcus of the bonding, so lots of stamping about??

anyway, they are moving into the outhouse for the foreseeable future, until my dad makes their new home for the, but he wants to do it in stages, so they are moving into the room where peanut was while he was ill, so they have enough room to live and play without dad feeling under pressure to hurry up with the shed or workshop conversion.

but....my real question is..the flooring is stone, and we did have carpet in there, but Jane said that that is actually bad for hocks, and it was a nightmare for sweeping up hay...so i thought.. okay ill use lino...but then thats going to be too hard?!?!

so what can i put on the floor to stop peanut and dominos sore hocks :?

"Please can a hoomin give mommy some advice cus my feeties are hurting and so are my daddies"

Mr. Domino!

Well atleast its there. They had some huge ones in The Organic shop today lovely pink fleeces £2 ! Perhaps put one small carpet mat down too.

Well atleast its there. They had some huge ones in The Organic shop today lovely pink fleeces £2 ! Perhaps put one small carpet mat down too.

carpet makes it worse for them :(:(

i tried to look for a big fleece blanket but couldnt find any in shops near me, well i found but it was like a tenner which is too much for bunnies flooring!

does this shop have a website by any chance...:(

Yeh carpet does but I thought a small carpet mat might hold the fleece in place. If I go into Solihull this week Ill get you a couple :D

Yeh carpet does but I thought a small carpet mat might hold the fleece in place. If I go into Solihull this week Ill get you a couple :D

okay thanks! just let me know if u do and il paypal you some money over straight away!

i bought one yesterday but i cost me nearly £5!!!!

and its not even nice!:shock:

These are quite retro, black background with pink circles :shock: :lol: Just hope they have some left for you.

lol oh will go ace with the pink tunnel, and pink vetbed!

the boys are not impressed with my interior design... the girls are though!

Mikey my son has just rang he is in Solihull now :D Ive asked him to get some if they still have them. :wave:

Back