• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing recommendation for larger groups

Lynne18

Warren Scout
If a bonded pair require 48 square foot, what would seven rabbits need?

With all the bad weather we've had my thoughts have turned to winter accomadation for the buns. I have a building in the garden which is 6 ft by 17 ft (102 square ft), with built in levels and tunnels and what not would this be sufficient area for 7? I would imagine I could add another 40/50 square ft with a second level which would make 150 ish square feet.

Would welcome thoughts and ideas.:wave:

I hate reading these thread cos I know I should know having a bonded 9:oops::lol: Ok - mine have a room, with shelves & hutches to add levels, then when I'm about I open the door & they play in the house and/or garden. :D The garden they have access to is about half the size of a normal house downstairs, & the room is slightly smaller. But the levels make it a bit bigger.

Glad to help:oops::lol:

Thanks Angie. At the moment they have a very large rabbit garden to play in, i'm hoping to scatter lots of grass seeds on it to replenish their restaurant, when their not using it. lol:D

Back