• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Pippin is dying, she can come home 8-)

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry: she really not well at all :cry::cry: on the phone to emergency vet, she was a bit off colour last night, but not like this.

Last edited:
I'm back from the emergency vets they've admitted her :cry: she was off her food yesterday, but I had force feed her gave her, some maxalon, metacam, she was still attacking me I didn't think that muh about it. I went out for a few hours, came home forced her to eat again, she was attacking me and that's normal for her. She was poo'ing so I wondered if her mouth was playing up again. I kept her warm and thought she would be ok. Woke up and she was so unresponsive, she was alert, but not attacking me, that is not normal.

The vets are putting her on a drip and giving her meds, they said the treatment will be very aggressive, she will get transfered to the very rab savvy vets in a bit rather than my own vets, I had to take her to Ste Georges it's teh only vet that is open out of hours. She really looks poorly, wish I had took it more seriously last night, but she was still behaving like her just was a bit off her food, but nothing to think there was a major problem. I should of took her down last night just didn't think she was that bad.

I can't believe it, she only started to be funny with her food last night, I was joking to Lucy that it was typical when I plan a night out that things go wrong with them, she really didn't seem that bad, how could I be so stupid :cry:

They said they would put her on a number of drugs, but also a new drug, it's taken over from prepulsid, it begins with a P was is it?

I just rang up to see how she was, she's had all her, fluids, she's on a heat pad, they said she's bright, but much the same (she's not bright then in my opinon) bright to Pippin is biting you and locking on, not doing that is ill. They said they're force feeding her and they're going to sainsuburys to get her veggies, I said don't get coriander as she hates that :cry::cry:

Oh no, I can't beleive it. From what you said last night she there wasn't a lot to worry about other than she didn't want her food. How quickly they can change is so frustrating.

I can't believe it, she only started to be funny with her food last night, I was joking to Lucy that it was typical when I plan a night out that things go wrong with them, she really didn't seem that bad, how could I be so stupid :cry:

Don't feel guilty - unless bun is completely obviously not right, you can't rush them to the vets immediately. I was exactly the same with Barley. She was marginally quieter one morning & that was that:cry:

Hope she's feeling better soon

Back