• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

red wee?!

Well I just check up on Jaffa and had her out for a hop about and I noticted on her sawdust there is red where shes weed.
Louis has sawdust in his hutch but its never gone red before and they have the same sawdust. Shes been eating and drinking and hasnt consumed anything red or red-like. I called her owner and shes never done this before :shock:
Help?!?!?!?!

Well I just check up on Jaffa and had her out for a hop about and I noticted on her sawdust there is red where shes weed.
Louis has sawdust in his hutch but its never gone red before and they have the same sawdust. Shes been eating and drinking and hasnt consumed anything red or red-like. I called her owner and shes never done this before :shock:
Help?!?!?!?!

:wave: hiya. not at all sure what that could be (my first thought would be something she eaten) has she eaten anything different?. is she bleeding from her body?

x

Stress can cause red wee as well. Does Jaffa seem at all stressed?

Maybe it's just because she's in a different environment to normal?

I get this with my bunnies too. I don't think its blood. I'm thinking its possibly something in their urine thats that colour or something that reacts with the sawdust and goes that colour. My rabbits have never been ill when this has happened, it could be to do with carrots in their diet though. Hope this helps
Helen xx

Back