• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

quick urgent help needed

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
right, i have a new holiday bun with me today, he brought her and she is perfectly healthy, happy etc, a house bunny, so friendly etc.

she is in our indoor bunny room and she is petrified. she is actually running UP the walls, thumping, running into things, im petrified she si going give herself a heart attack...

i have phoned the owners and they said its so unlike her, but i havent done anything to frighten her, theres been no noises nothing, what can i do to make her calm, she is running up walls 6 foot high

please someone help me, im so scared for this bun

aww hun how scary.. can you not cinfine her in a smaller area with a blanket over her till she calms down? poor little baby has she never been away from her family before?

She is in unfamiliar surroundings so she must be very frightened..I would go in and talk to her and smooth her and try and give her calming vibes.

i cnt even open the door!! if i open the door she goes crazy, im worried il give her a heart attack if i even touch her.

shes never been in boarding or away before, the only time shes been away is to to the vets, or when she was adopted from PAH, so unless she thinks she is being left....?

id leave her be then hun.. hoepfully shell get used to her new pad and calm down enough for you to approach her tomorrow :(

i hate just leaving her but i honestly think if i go near her she is going to run into the wall or something...

she is currently sitting in a litter tray, petrified stiff but at least shes stil

god i feel so awful, but i didnt do anything to frighten her

oh lordy i dont know. I have heard bach rescue remedy can help rabbits but i dont know how true this is :?
Other than that just give her a while and see if she calms down then see if you can go in and talk to her. :?
Bless her I hope she chills out soon. :(

I know it sounds mean but your gonna have to leave her be because she needs to get used to her new home [for now].
Check up on her in an hour or so and see how she is.
I will warn you thought that my mates rabbit died from running into a wall :cry: not trying to scare you or anything but just warning you.

I think once she has got used to her surroundings and where she is she will be ok. I would leave her for today, make sure she has got plenty of water, food and hay and I am sure she will be Ok.

Hope she calms down x
Jack:)

she will settle. the time you see her going mad is when shes already heard your approach... your a new scary human you probably dont need to have done anything to freak her out... try not to worry hun xxxx

rescue remedy is very good for calming animals- ive used it on my dogs, just put a couple of drops in the water

Oh poor girl and poor you xx

Did the owner bring any of her stuff so her scent is on it? I like to send any of my pets with blankets or bedding with there smell, fav toys etc..

Is there a good dark hiding place in there she could hide away in until she settles so feels securer? I bet you have already done that but thought id mention it.

Im sure she will calm down.

Hugs to you both xx

ive popped the lid on the cage, i just use the base for a litter tray but ive put the lid on it, so its enclosed. shes not tearing about, shes just sitting breathing very fast now, i feel so awful that she is so afraid, but i havent done anything to scare her :(

im worried she is going to go into stasis

AAwww we know you havent done anything to scare her xx

If animals arent used to be away from owners they can stress out like this. I have 2 dogs like this, 1 Kye has never been away from me apart when from when he was on deaths door being diagnosed with addisons disease. Now when we go vets for his check ups he wraps his paws round my legs as he is petrified of being seperated from me, I have to up his preds just for an appointment. There is no way i could go away and leave him as the stress even with tablets would kill him from being seperated from me. tara my other girl gets seperation anxiety when i go out and when left with someone else she will eat through a solid door to get away and back to me, o matter what injury she causes herself.

Some pets are just like that, some stress for for 24 to 48 hrs and then settle.

xx

AAwww we know you havent done anything to scare her xx

If animals arent used to be away from owners they can stress out like this. I have 2 dogs like this, 1 Kye has never been away from me apart when from when he was on deaths door being diagnosed with addisons disease. Now when we go vets for his check ups he wraps his paws round my legs as he is petrified of being seperated from me, I have to up his preds just for an appointment. There is no way i could go away and leave him as the stress even with tablets would kill him from being seperated from me. tara my other girl gets seperation anxiety when i go out and when left with someone else she will eat through a solid door to get away and back to me, o matter what injury she causes herself.

Some pets are just like that, some stress for for 24 to 48 hrs and then settle.

xx

i know...but its so hard. it stresses me out so much

Is she free range at home? She may have wanted somewhere to duck into and hide, like a carrier or a cardboard box with two holes cut in it. Does your bunny room have areas for them to hide away?

Is she free range at home? She may have wanted somewhere to duck into and hide, like a carrier or a cardboard box with two holes cut in it. Does your bunny room have areas for them to hide away?

yeh it does :( just gone and checked on her n shes hiding in the cage

Back