• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Advice on Cage Bottom

Nessa

Young Bun
My rabbits live in a play house type thing with a hutch and windows they hop in and out of. I just had one rabbit for four years but I fell in love with a baby bun and had to bring it home. Now I have two silly little floppies who are trouble makers. Earl, my first rabbit, never chewed on the foam mats I have so he doesn't have to stand on the wood. Bubba (aka Bubs), the new bun, has taken a liking to chewing on the foam. I do not think he eats it but I need to replace the flooring now.

I was going to put in fake wood flooring (laminate I think it's called) but then they would slip around. Putting rugs down is not an option as they would get chewed and Earl would rather pee on a rug than a litterbox. I was considering carpet (earl only pees on rugs not carpet) but it might get dirty and be hard to clean. Tile is too slippery also. I'm not sure what else is good. I was just wondering if anyone had ideas. They are both pee trained 99% but Bubs poos outside his litter box if I don't clean both every day. Thanks!

Hi there,
My kermit has problems with head tilt and also has a wee accident with pee from time to time, i put tiles on his cage floor, not the normal tile type, but plastic ones with kind of holes in....the ones you would get outside on patios or at the sides of pools etc.
They are strong enough for him not to chew and also good enough for him to get his footing as he really needs it with having head tilt!
The fact that there is holes in the tiles, means that if he does have a wee accident it kind of flips through to the cage base, then at least he isnt lying in it until i notice and clean it up!

this is where i got mine, but they were expensive http://www.tacttiles.com/ , but dunno where you would get them in the USA!

kirsty & kermit

Back