• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some pics of my tarantulas - more pics pg.2

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
B. smithi or Mexican Red Knee
mj.jpg

T. gigas or Orange Tree Spider spiderling
gigas.jpg

M. robustum or Columbian Giant Red Leg juvenile
Mrobustum.jpg

L. parahybana or Salmon Pink spiderling
Lparahybana.jpg

E. vulpinus or Chilean Ocellated spiderling (I have 2 of these)
Evulpinus.jpg

E. sp. 'green' or Green Femur Beauty spiderling
Espgreen2.jpg

and another
Espgreen.jpg

a Pokie - not sure which species yet - am in the process of finding out!
pokie.jpg

P. murinus or Usambara Baboon (a.k.a. Orange Bitey Thing)
obt.jpg

T. blondi or Goliath Bird Eater (gets up to 10 inches long! :shock:)
blondi.jpg

A. versicolor or Antilles Pinktoe spiderling (I have 3 of these)
2008_0821avics0014.jpg

A. purpurea or Ecuadorian Purple (I have 2 of these)
2008_0821avics0012.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.:shock: I had to look, I hate spiders but couldn't help me self. :lol: Some of those spiderlings are huge! When are they juvenilles?

:shock: :shock: Don't blame you Jill!!! Do you have a lot of friends with random excuses as to why they can't come round for dinner Faye??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gah :roll: they're cute! :lol:

I think Benson and Mosi scare people off more than the spideys! :shock:

Gorgeous - where do you keep them all to?

Two of them are in exo terra tanks, the rest are in various sized see-through plastic storage tubs (depending on size and lifestyle (terrestrial/burrowing/arboreal) of spideys) with holes in for ventilation and they are stored in their own cabined with a heat mat strapped to the back

good grief their scarey!!!!:shock:have you ever been bitten?

nope - I don't handle them... it's not really safe for the spider to do so, as a short fall can easily kill a tarantula - they have very delicate abdomens...

how do you get them out to clean them out?do you have scoop them in a tub or something?curious now.how often do they eat?

how do you get them out to clean them out?do you have scoop them in a tub or something?curious now.how often do they eat?

they mostly just need spot cleaning using a pair of long tweezers - they really don't make much mess though. if I were to re-house them or fully clean their homes (done once a year) then yep - i'd scoop them in a tub. feeding depends on the age of the spider - I feed spiderlings twice a week and the sub-adults and adults once a week - they have maybe 3-4 crickets or locusts per week... generally you have to play it by ear though, as they stop eating when they're about to moult and for a while after moulting and it's dangerous to have crickets in with them when they moult cos they can kill the tarantulas.

Back