• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starting Bonding

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Right so Alfie and Lotte have seen each other through the run and through there hutches..

Lotte is due to be speyed at the end of the month, so I didnt want to bond until after this. But last night the run was inside, with Alfie having the run of the room.

I decided to let them both out to see what they did..

They did alot of chasing, and Lotte tried to hump him numerous times, which I just let happen unless she head humped.

There were no signs of agression at all, in fact no fur pulling or anything.

They laid within a foot of each other but no closer, everytime alfie tried to scent her or lick her she ran away and is very timid of him.

My aim is to try and do an hour a night maybe less to get them used to each other before the proper bonding day. Do you think this is a good idea.

As I say last night there were no signs of agression at all :love:

Right so Alfie and Lotte have seen each other through the run and through there hutches..

Lotte is due to be speyed at the end of the month, so I didnt want to bond until after this. But last night the run was inside, with Alfie having the run of the room.

I decided to let them both out to see what they did..

They did alot of chasing, and Lotte tried to hump him numerous times, which I just let happen unless she head humped.

There were no signs of agression at all, in fact no fur pulling or anything.

They laid within a foot of each other but no closer, everytime alfie tried to scent her or lick her she ran away and is very timid of him.

My aim is to try and do an hour a night maybe less to get them used to each other before the proper bonding day. Do you think this is a good idea.

As I say last night there were no signs of agression at all :love:

It is far less stressful for both you and the buns if you bond them in one session rather than do it for 1 hour at a time. I would either bond them now or wait for about 2 weeks after Lotte has been speyed, it is unfair on her if you are doing small bonding sessions immediatly after she has been speyed as her operation site will be sore.

No I wont be doing small bonding sessions after her spey. I will do one big one when she is well enough and her wound has healed.

But for now as they seem to be getting on I wondered if getting them used to each other would be a good idea. I have seen no fighting whatsoever.. And they just lay near each other.

Personally I would either bond them properly in one session now or leave them totally apart until 2 weeks after your female has been neutered and then bond them properly using the one session.

Back