• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Showing - Pet Class.

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Hi.

im pretty interested in showing rabbits. and was just wondering if anybody could explain showing in the pet class to me :) ive looked on the internet and cant find info on pet class showing, only on showing with thr BRC.

I would like to show my girl in local shows, but it would be pet class as i think she is cross breed. :)

i would like to know, can you still show if she is spayed?
and how would i get into showing?
and is there anythink else i should know?

heres a piccy of my girl, just for the hell of it! :lol:
S7301046.jpg

You cant show in pet shows if your a member of the brc.
I've started showing and its so fair and friendly :D
My mum was on the phone to a rabbit person yesterday and they were talking for hours :roll::lol:
I think her being spayed is okay because our gonna show here in pet shows not the other shows.
Good luck with everything and PM me anytime!

You cant show in pet shows if your a member of the brc.I've started showing and its so fair and friendly :D
My mum was on the phone to a rabbit person yesterday and they were talking for hours :roll::lol:
I think her being spayed is okay because our gonna show here in pet shows not the other shows.
Good luck with everything and PM me anytime!

yea i know :D
aw thanks Emma, thats kind :) Have you taken Louis to the show yet?

:lol: My mum wont spend minutes on the phone to a rabbit person... unless its me! :lol:

oh thats good. Shes not spayed yet tho, hopefully she will be booked in for the october half term! :D

Im just researching it at the moment :) would love to do it. Have emailed my local show 'chepstow show' But they dont do rabbit showing so i suggested it to them :lol: i also looked at the 'usk show' near me aswell, they do rabbit showing :D im not sure if they do pet class tho. :) xox

i beg to differ as i am a member of the BRC and still show in pet shows and recently won supreme pet champion with Sniper in Kent County Show:D
kentcounty013.jpg

rossettes all from pets
petrossette002.jpg

wow! :D Well done! :)

So is your rabbit that you showed in the pet class (and won! :lol:) spayed/neutured? thanks x

no hes not neutured YET september the 23 is His D Day, but yes in pet classes you can show them neutured.:D
They are soley judged on Friendlyness + Cleaniness + Condition

I tell you what though rabbits can seriously change on the table mine changes for the better he relaxs in the hutch hes very very hutch proud hence why he is being neutured
this is what he done to me when i went to get a ball out his hutch
snipersdamage002.jpg

snipersdamage007.jpg

And he got supreme pet!:shock:

I tell you what though rabbits can seriously change on the table mine changes for the better he relaxs in the hutch hes very very hutch proud hence why he is being neutured
snipersdamage002.jpg

snipersdamage007.jpg

awh dear! :shock: that looks sore!
i can see why you are getting him neutered! xox

snipersdamage002.jpg

snipersdamage007.jpg

Ouchie! :shock: Morale of the story being wear chainmail when dealing with hutch proud bunnies? Hope it healed up quick.

im going to the london championship show sadly no pet class there but its a great show anyway theres rats, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits and g piggys:D

Hi

We went to the Bradford small animal show earlier this year and I can honestly say I was disgusted with the way the judges handle the bunnies. They were holding them by ears! We went as our boy was told he would make a lovely show bun but he has sore feet and were wondering what went on.
Is it possible to show buns with problems? Ones that are never going to get better through no fault of his own? Is there a rescue class?
We e-mailed the brc etc and no-one got back to us. He really is beautiful his markings are unique. We took photo of him and was told he is very rare we had several offers to breed from him. (hes done and we dont believe in that when so many need homes out there.)any ideas?

We went to the Bradford small animal show earlier this year and I can honestly say I was disgusted with the way the judges handle the bunnies. They were holding them by ears! We went as our boy was told he would make a lovely show bun but he has sore feet and were wondering what went on.
Is it possible to show buns with problems? Ones that are never going to get better through no fault of his own? Is there a rescue class?
We e-mailed the brc etc and no-one got back to us. He really is beautiful his markings are unique. We took photo of him and was told he is very rare we had several offers to breed from him. (hes done and we dont believe in that when so many need homes out there.)any ideas?

I've heard of stories like that aswell :cry:I'd never take any of my buns they'd sulk if they'd missed their afternoon snooze in the sun :lol:

Back