• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help...sore hocks?

JoLB

Warren Scout
Last edited:
If it is clean and just looks a bit dry (can't see properly on photos), then you can put a little sudocrem on it. If the skin is broken you may need to take to the vet to get checked out.

Are your bunnies nails trimmed as this can affect the way they put weight on their back paws too.

I agree put some sudocrem on it. Jess had one earlier in the year and it sorted it out, try to avoid him running on too much carpet if he is indoors :D

ETA - I can't see clearly on your pics Jess's looked really red and dry.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

What should he walk on....shall I put a fleece blanket down for him?

Usually he and Blue have the run of the hallway, which has a big rug in it. He won't go on the wooden floor, which is why I got the rug :roll:

Squidgy had sore hocks from the carpet. Now we have fleece rugs down where he usually lies down and plays - in his hutch and under his favourite table and chair hideaways. They're just the pet blankets you can get.
His aren't actually that bad - a little bit pink is fairly normal I think.

Back