• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Praise for The Hay Experts

Noah's Mummy

Young Bun
Just received the 'taster selection pack' of hay. What a neat little bundle, very impressed with the cute packaging (fully recyclable) and my bun seems happy with it too. Well done the hay experts :)

We got ours this week too - Gregory loves it! I got straight back on there and ordered his favourite grass and hay!

Gregory012.jpg

Here's Gregory amidst the mess he made with his first 3! Which does your bunny like best?

He got straight in the western Timothy Hay!

Gregory009.jpg

The Oat, Wheat & Barley went down well lol Have you ordered anything else from them? I'm after a toy that my bun will actually play with.. he has never shown much interest in toys!

:wave: I can find the website but how do I get my free samples? Cookie is being a little :censored: and hasn't been eating his hay for a couple of days so I want to try something new.

edit to add: oops! it's another site with the freebies

Not ordered any toys from there, but do have a willow hay rack and the hay bag on the way! Gregory's favourite toy is a little treat ball, which I put his pellets in - he nudges it round and picks it up and throws it about to get the pellets out.

His other favourite toys are an old shoe box (a big one that had boots in) with all the paper packaging left in and a triangular tunnel made from a Folded piece of corrugated cardboard! Like this shape - ^

They are not free samples! They cost £3.99 for 6 small bags. It has been worth it for me as Gregory would not eat the hay I was getting, but tucks into a couplf of teh varieties from here with gusto! They cost a fair bit though, which is why the sample pack is so good, as he won't touch a couple of the varieties so it would have been a waste of money to try try a whole bag of those with him.

They are not free samples! They cost £3.99 for 6 small bags. It has been worth it for me as Gregory would not eat the hay I was getting, but tucks into a couplf of teh varieties from here with gusto! They cost a fair bit though, which is why the sample pack is so good, as he won't touch a couple of the varieties so it would have been a waste of money to try try a whole bag of those with him.

Which bags did he not go for?

He put his head in the brome hay to begin with, but that's teh one he hasn't touched at all really. Next up was western timothy which he tucked into, until the pure dried grass came out! That's the current fave, although he was back on the Western Timothy this morning. I'm yet to try the other 3!

Ooh - we have a new fave - the oats and barley hay! Will have to get some of that in my next order! It's soooooo expensive though! Do they sell these hays and grasses elsewhere? The pet shop I use have loads of the boredom breakers dried plants and stuff but only meadow or timothy hay.

Ooh - we have a new fave - the oats and barley hay! Will have to get some of that in my next order! It's soooooo expensive though! Do they sell these hays and grasses elsewhere? The pet shop I use have loads of the boredom breakers dried plants and stuff but only meadow or timothy hay.

I get the Timothy hay from chinchillas 2 shop site as it's £40 + postage for 15kg, although my lot are going through that in a month at the moment - they all love it.

Burns do a great oat hay for £3.99 for a 900g bag, but if you spend over £25 you get free postage, so I always order 7 bags.http://www.shop.burns-pet-nutrition.co.uk/acatalog/Food_For_Rabbits.html

I had to buy a bag a timothy hay from P@H yesterday as my timothy hay n orchard grass not arrived yet from hayexperts my 2 not really impressed :lol:the hay from P@H at is yellow compared to oxbows hope it arrives tomorrow :)

Oh they've stopped putting it in the little boxes :(

Most of mine had great fun opening the boxes :roll::lol:

Love love love the hay experts. Not cheap but fantastic stuff and fantastic quality! Have to ration myself or I would need a 2nd mortgage to afford it all :lol:

Thanks for those suggestions guys! The stuff I ordered from there on Monday is being delivered by courier today - so more good news, they are very quick!

Back