• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some people..grrrr

i have been told today that i am being really silly for crying over the loss of Alicia as i have never met her and she wasnt mine yet, and that she was only a rabbit. why cant people understand that some of us actually feel for animals instead of treating them like inferior beings?

oh and apparently i shouldnt want animals around me as i have children aqnd they are far more important.

I know exactly how you feel as this happened to us a few times. And it is just as upsetting as loosing a bunny you have had for years. I think it is a case of loosing out on the good times you could of had for both you and the bunny.

Don't take notice of anyone else, you have every right to be upset.

Hugs to you, I'm am so sorry about Alicia

Noooo that's so mean! Alicia was a lovely bun and of course you were happy about the thought of rescuing her and now devastated because you can't. And it's ridiculous to say that having children means you don't need animals! Because animals are so helpless and vulnerable they need a special sort of help, and it's heartbreaking to build yourself up to offering that help and then not being able to give it after all. There's plenty of people here who will understand totally!! :cry:

It means you can empathise. You are a caring person who can feel the emotions of others, including their pain, and I'd rather have this kind of person for a friend than the other. But thats just me and because I feel for animals doesn't mean I care any less for my children because if anything I care more because I can understand how they are feeling.
Is that a record - 3 becauses in one sentence :? ? Or just bad grammar?

You cry because you cared and you care making you an extra special mum.Some people will never know the joy and sadness a wee animal can bring and your children will grow too learning how to look after and respect other creatures.Massive hug x

i cried and cried when molly died,such a sweet little thing,gone,i miss her so much,we didnt have her long but i miss her so much,the kids oftern talk about her,
ignorant people just you have a good cry*sends hugs*

Rise above it, I know its hard but ultimately you will have a richer and more fulfilling life than them because you are a caring person, so they deserve your pity really. ;)

Sorry about Alicia :cry:

I was going to adopt a lovely mini rex called midnight but she died following complications with the spay...I was so upset as I had already planned having her etc....I cried :cry:

Well I have puffy eyes right now because I have cried for Alicia too.

People who dont understand should be pitied as they are obviously lacking a basic human trait, that of compassion. Not only for the animal who has gone but for the grieving humans left behind.
How sad that they are so shallow and devoid of empathy. I hope they never expect it in return...........

I'm the site manager for the project and have a hard enough time being a woman in a male dominated business so not sure this helped :oops:

Back