• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How could someone not care about this cute little piggy??!!

Lea - Molly's mum

Warren Scout
I'm sorry guys but this post may turn out to be a bit of a rant...

I went home this weekend for my mum's birthday and found that she had 'acquired' (being dumped with) a baby guinea piggy...well I say a baby piggy, my first question was 'is it a hamster?' because it was that small.

Turns out my sister's, boyfriends mum breeds guinea pigs (and now has got fed up and so wants to re-home over 50! :censored:). This little guy is four weeks old but weighs less than 100g!!!
He was the runt of a litter of three boars, the mum died either straight after birth or at the very latest a week after birth and according to my sister the woman was 'too busy' to hand rear the three babies and because a local rescue had refused to take all 50 piggies she didn't think to ask if they would take the orphans. So the three babies were left with hay (i hope!), water and chinchilla food (no vitamin C here!) and were left in with the father!

By the time the baby made it to mum's it was 4 weeks old, apparently it's too bigger brothers were doing much better - but as i said he only weighed 100g. Mum had been told he was a 'grek' who was blind and couldn't walk properly so wasn't worth bothering with. Once we washed his eyes (which his mum would have done for him) he could see perfectly through his beautiful ruby eyes and once we had removed all the dried poo which had set and turned his feet into clubs (he was producing really soft poos due to his poor diet) he could walk fine too.

Mum and I spent most of the weekend with this little guy in our hands (where he would curl up and go to sleep and occasionally give you a quick lick-kiss), hoody pouches etc. because he was so frail and because he cried because he was so miserable when he was alone. A beanie hat has become a new snuggly bed for him and he has proper guinea pig food, greens and calcium supplement in his water. Mum says he is producing lots more poops but has yet to weigh him. She's even taking him to work with her so she can keep an eye one him.

Can everyone please keep him in their hearts because this poor little guy deserves so much better than his previous 'owners' :censored::censored::censored: were giving him.

Pictures of Ozzy (Ozzy Osborne hair) should be below...

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

Aw poor little thing. He still looks very frail. Has a vet seen him? Sounds like you're doing a great job of looking after him. Vibes to him! :wave:

:evil: :evil: ! Poor little piggie. Well done on your mum for helping him. Sending loads of vibes !

Aw poor little thing. He still looks very frail. Has a vet seen him? Sounds like you're doing a great job of looking after him. Vibes to him! :wave:

We spoke to a vet but as his poops had become more solid he suggested that we keep an eye on him and to bring him in if he fails to put on any more weight. He also suggested the calcium supplement.

I've also just spoken to mum and she says "his cage looks like he invited a lot of mice around for a poop party last night!" and he has put on 5g!! :D

Lea. x

We spoke to a vet but as his poops had become more solid he suggested that we keep an eye on him and to bring him in if he fails to put on any more weight. He also suggested the calcium supplement.

I've also just spoken to mum and she says "his cage looks like he invited a lot of mice around for a poop party last night!" and he has put on 5g!! :D

Lea. x

That's great! What a little fighter! He deserves the best life ever after this bad start. How lucky he's safe now :D

Poor baby:( Sending lot's of (((((vibes))))) What is going to happen to the other 50 guinea pigs?

I don't know, mum might take another boy as a companion for Ozzy when he's stronger.

I suppose she will try and sell them, after all that's all breeders seem to care about! :evil:

My sister is trying to find homes for them but she is 'stuck between a rock and a hard place' with it being her boyfriends Mum.
She is a very persuasive girl though and she is doing a National Diploma in Animal Care and Management, so they have a good guardian. My sisters college might even take some.

Lea. x

:evil: well done you on looking after him poor little mite i always have had a soft spot for runts of litters my bigs was a runt and he still going strong after nearly 6 years

Here's a few more pics for any Ozzy fans out there (my office is now full of Ozzy fans but I'm definitely the biggest Ozzy fan!)

Sorry about pic quality, they are from my phone.

Ozzy in his-hat bed...
DSC00087.jpg

Ozzy in his hat-bed with what looks like a huge piece of guinea pig food...
DSC00089.jpg

Ozzy in his mini-cage, this is to make him more portable during the day...
DSC00097.jpg

what were those things in star trek tribbles or something he reminds me of one of them bless his lil heart, will be watching his progress

what were those things in star trek tribbles or something he reminds me of one of them bless his lil heart, will be watching his progress

Just googled 'tribbles' and I have to agree!! :lol::lol::lol:

tribblecopy.jpg
DSC00085.jpg

I think I might have called him Worzel (from Worzel Gomage - probably spelt that VERY wrong!).

Lea. x

Last edited:
Hi,oh he's soooooooooooo gorgeous Vibes for him and well done your mum for looking after him.He's a wee fighter x

Back