• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finding boarding isn't easy is it

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
Its taken me ages to find somewhere where I can board my rabbits for a week, there appears to be only one place where I live (Edinburgh) who will board rabbits and no pet sitters will come to us (trust me I tried them all).

Anyone else found this problem?

I have a Bunnery just up the road from me in Bromsgrove. I've never used it but know that they get booked up really quickly.

I'm fortunate in that if I was desperate I know that Lou would squeeze them into the rescue for me, but at the moment I'm using an girl from work who is an animal welfare assistant - so much easier than carting 8 rabbits off for boarding.

Glad you found somewhere now tho':D

:wave:I live just outside Edinburgh and it's a nightmare trying to find somewhere that will take my cats, cockatiels and rabbit. I found loads of places for the cats but nowhere that will take them all together. We decided it's not worth the bother.

I'm not in Scotland but we run a boarding business ourselves and are then stuck when we get chance to go away in having to find somewhere for our own pets. The upside (or downside however you view it) is you do get to hear about and know about the good and bad boarding places in your own area. A very kind person on here (60 miles away from us) is kindly taking our cockatiel and piggies for us this year and we've had to travel 35 miles away to find somewhere for the buns.

:wave:I live just outside Edinburgh and it's a nightmare trying to find somewhere that will take my cats, cockatiels and rabbit. I found loads of places for the cats but nowhere that will take them all together. We decided it's not worth the bother.

Maybe you and the OP could help each other out? A bunnysitting share?

Back