• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bun will not stop pooing on our sofa, help needed please!

Scooner

Young Bun
Hello,

Oscar, our first house bun, has been perfectly house trained for months! But in the last month he has decided that he likes to wee and poo on one of our sofas! It started with just him weeing on it and we assumed he was marking, he has now been neutered and instead of just weeing he's leaving little poos too! And he's a french lop so it's not a tiny bit, it's a massive great big mound!

Sorry that this is a rather unpleasant topic but i don't know how to stop him! I don't really want to lock him in his cage as we have two rabbits now and the cage is only really big enough for him! They have always been free range and they used to be fine, i don't know why he has relapsed!

Tiggy, the new bun, does like to poo else where apart from her cage too but she doesn't wee anywhere else but the litter tray and that's fine! Is it just something i am going to have to put up with if i want them to be free range? Or is there anything i could try.

Thank you

:wave: Hi . A lot of people swear by using vinegar to neutralise smells but this may cause ( further ) damage to your sofa. Kim and Aggi swear by biological washing liquid.
We always use kitchen towel to soak up the wet stuff and then put it in their litter trays so the litter tray has their smell in it and hopefully they'll return there to wee.
Can you put something on the sofa so he can't physically get to the seat? Or remove the seat while you clean it?

is it possible to rearrange the furniture so the sofa is in a different place to try and break the habit?

No, but we are moving soon so hopefully we will find a new house where we can! :)

For now though i will try really deep cleaning the sofa to get rid of any scent, thanks for the advice! :)

Ive resorted to covering my settee with a big plastic sheet that decorators use to cover the floor when painting. My buns never bothered with the sofa unitl we moved into our new place & now they wont leave it alone

Back