• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What kind of rabbit do i have?

kevinoh33

New Kit
beb06c1464b4.jpg

what kind of rabbit is this?

sorry for the bad quality

are the ears too big to be a netherland dwarf?
heres another picture
8fc6b4f1a037.jpg

Last edited:
I think he/ she may be some kind of Rex, the fur looks too short to be a Netherland dwarf, although I could be totally wrong.

Hes a lovely colour though :)

Edited: looking back I can tell hes not a netherland dwarf, not enough hair around the face and quite long ears, def some kind of Rex I think.

Last edited:
i dunno his nose isnt right for a rex how old is he, hes very cute no matter what hes is:love: rexes have very very soft velvet short fine but lots of it fur very shnuggly well my linus anyway :lol:

jacks jane has a lovely rex called hal who similar colour to yours,
this is my boy my mini rex
DSC00431.jpg
[/IMG]

hes about 4 months old

Someone told me he was a harquieln or something like that...

then someone tolld me it was a japanese dwarf rabbit...

then how come my breeder said it was a netherland dwarf rabbit?? Did she lie to me :evil:
She has show quality rabbits

I got a bunny from a breeder, a "netherland dwarf" that had been shown and bred from. Not being bunny savvy I thought that females must be slightly larger than males Turned out she was a dwarf polish!

She was still a lovley bun so no regrets.

Looks like a bit of Nethie mixed with something else! The face looks a bit Nethie but the ears are way too big.

I tell you what you have...a very cute bunny :love:

Shape wise he looks like Gus, who is a Netherland cross and his ears are too big as well :lol:

DSC00036.jpg

:shock: :love: :love: :love:

Gus reckons you could be right...except your ears are nethie like too, Gussy was told he was ugly because his ears were too big :lol:

Oh he is just adorable :love:

Ugly :shock: I think he is lovely (and so does Tinkerbell!). They would make a lovely couple :D

harliquin is the colouring mines a harliquin mini, i go with nethie cross as someone thought satin there could be your cross

I don't think the fur looks dense enough for a rex. I'd say a nethie cross.
Was this a reputable breeder or just a hobbyist?

I'm no expert but it doesnt look remotely like a nethie to me. I think any resemblance in the face shape is just foreshortening due to the angle the pic was taken at.

he's awfully pretty though. do you have any mroe pics to help us ascertain his breed?

Back