• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sore feet.

Rabbiting on

Warren Scout
Hi people, I have recently had to move my rabbit into another hutch. This hutch has 2 storeys and is usually only used by my male rabbit. The problem is my female is using the upstairs to do her toilet, where as when she was in her own hutch she obviously had a toilet place. This has now made her feet sore and the skin is red, she was not really active yesterday obviously because of the soreness, although she is moving about more today.

So would there be anything I could bathe her feet in to make it heal quicker? I give her a bath last night and cleaned her up, she is out door and has acsess to a garden and with the rain she was quite muddy.

Any suggestions?

She was also at the vets on Thursday for a pre-op check so I guess if there were something other the vet would of picked it up?

in this weather ive 3 sides sheltered off with cut up compost bag stapled to the sides to prevent rain from coming in makeing it really muddy, with some lavender and mint covering half the front so they can nibble little bits off if they want and help to deter flies, also down stairs as the four i have prefere to go to the loo downstairs i cover the floor with newspaper and change it everyday twice if the weathers really hot or really wet, on mild days i just cover the space where they go to the loo bit, as for the sore hocks ive got a mini rex who get sore hocks sometimes not often more so when hes been chasing his missus all night up and down :roll:, but his dont get really bad, i staple a towel on the ramp until his hocks have healed better,, are you useing sawdust for bedding as this can aggrivate? someone has some really good ideas for alternitives for ramps somewhere on here

Well she has a 3 storey hutch and she usually uses the second bed area for the loo. I dont use sawdust as they are Lionheads and it gets tangled in their fur. I have moved her back into her own hutch after noticing the sores, and she's moving a lot more today.

I just dont understand why my male uses the downstairs and not her or any of the babies will. I had to change hutches around because I found out I have 2 male kits and 1 female, so had to put the males into the bigger.

Is there no anticeptic that would help?

Back