• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello ...

Stickybun

Warren Scout
Spent half of last night reading threads, thought it was about time I joined in!

I'm Sarah, mum to two small pink humans (Paige and Phoebs), two guinea pigs - Smudge and Sparkle, and Sportacus Jim Hopkins Sweetie BoingBoing Treasure - no, that's just ONE rabbit, honest!

We've had Jim since last September, when he was eight weeks old, he lives indoors (doesn't appear to enjoy Outside much, though you can hardly blame him at the moment!), and tomorrow we're going to a rescue in Okehampton to find him a wife. I've never been to a rescue before, and I'm convinced I'm going to want to bring them all home.

Showing off his trousers (why don't they do their posing AFTER the vacuuming's been done? :oops:) :

2007_1121Image0159a.jpg

Big tough husband (yeah, right):

2007_1021Image0014.jpg

Relaxing with a good book:

2008_0504Image0007.jpg

Loving his nice clean soft bed (I know, his nails need cutting, he let me do two then legged it and hid, so the others are being done in stages)

2008_0810Image0092.jpg

Cuteness personified:

2007_1012Image0009.jpg

I've no doubt there will be more before long ...

Hello and welcome to RU.:wave:

You sound like my kind of human. A bunny with many names can't go wrong in life.

Your bun is gorqeous and I particularly like the superman pose with his big leggies out the back.

I wish you all the best at the rescue and hope that he comes home with a lovely lady wife.

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Helen :D

Thanks for the welcome :love:

Helen, he was named by my eldest - the day we were due to collect him I asked her what she was going to name him, she was still lying in bed and she rattled off this long, grand-sounding name without a second thought, she'd obviously given it a lot of thought :lol:

He was three months old in that pic, Carol

Thanks for the welcome :love:

Helen, he was named by my eldest - the day we were due to collect him I asked her what she was going to name him, she was still lying in bed and she rattled off this long, grand-sounding name without a second thought, she'd obviously given it a lot of thought :lol:

Well Sarah, tell you daughter that I am very impressed with her naming abilities.

It takes me and my OH a bit longer than that to give our lot their names. And none of ours are anything like that long. I think our longest is Gemmaloolar Bigby Monkfish (but she was married to Arnold Bigby Monkfish at the time - they are now married to different buns. Gemsy is married to Henry Carrot Hound and Arnold is married to Josie Izzy Twig.)

Good to meet you and hope to see more of Jim Hopkins very soon!

Hello and welcome to the forum. What a lovely bunny! My bunny doesn't seem to like it outdoors either and lives in the house. Good luck in finding Jim a wife! :)

Update

Hi all, and thanks for more lovely welcomes!

I didn't get back on yesterday because we were a little preoccupied with our new arrival - we DID find Jim Hopkins a lovely wife, she's been named "Lily" and when I get five minutes at home this afternoon I'll post a photo (at work atm).

She's about 18 months old, though the rescue lady couldn't be sure. She's had at least two lots of babies, she was feeding one lot and already pregnant with the next when she was rescued, she was pitifully thin though she's filling out now.

Not entirely sure what she's made of but there's enough lionhead in the mix to give her shaggy shoulders and a tufty punk hairstyle between her long, long uppy ears - in fact they're so long they look like they should be loppy, but they're not :lol:

I made an appointment at our vets as soon as we were back in the car, and took her in for a check up when we got home. She was pronounced perfectly healthy with lovely teeth and a nice clean bottom! :lol:

She had her myxi jab there and then, and we'll go back in two weeks for her VHD. I'll see about getting her spayed when she's put on a bit more weight, she's all ribs at the moment.

There's been a lot of kissing and sniffing through the bars of the cage but I won't let them get together until I can get them both out in the garden (please, sunshine?) at the weekend. Jim's hopelessly in love already :lol:

Back