• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit rescue fundraising with waitrose supermarket

ecudc

Warren Veteran
FOR THOSE WHO AVOID GENERAL CHAT>>>THIS IS A CROSS POST:

I was in our local Waitrose today & they had set up a charity fund raiser where by 3 local charities receive a proportion of £1k...the proportion based on green coins placed in slots by shoppers on a monthly basis. I put our Fat fluffs down for the kenilworth one today so I don't know the ins and outs and how long it takes, how far away is "local" and so on. The charities in Kenilworth were a local dog rescue, air ambulance and a hospice to give you an idea.

Anyhoo this is where to find out if there is a branch near you.....and obviously you would have to find a rescue that is quite close to nominate too.

http://www.waitrose.com/branches/index.aspx

We have this in our most local two branches too. The charities that they are both supporting in our area are different to each other but they are fairly mainstream like Alzheimers etc. I wish that a bunny rescue could make a mark and get the tokens but I doubt that the shoppers would support a rescue locally. In one of ours the Alzheimers group has got far more than two local schools. In the other, there were again three charities, one of which is the local search and rescue dogs. Needless to say that one of the human charities was getting far more tokens than the charity concerning the use of animals to save humans. I am not sure that a bunny rescue would secure many 'votes' or tokens but I guess it would certainly raise awareness.:D (just so you guys know, the charity with the most tokens at the end of the month gets the dosh and then they change to three more charities)

Back