• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is it normal?

ziggy

New Kit
hi, am looking after my sons rabbit "delilah" he's on hols with friends, noticed tonight a "pinkish" fluid on the floor outside the hutch and a tiny bit on the straw inside. think she weed through the mess and then dribbled on the straw. have not seen this before. could it be diet? she has hay, grass, occasionaly rabbit mix, dandelions or could it be something more sinister?. please can anyone shed some light on this for me. many thanks, ziggy. p.s she has been neutered as we got here from rspca.

cant help but hopefully someone will be along soon to help you :) I know their wee can vary in colours depending on what they eat... has she eaten anything different?? Hope all is ok xxx sending lots of good luck wishes!

Hiya I tend to find my rabbits wee a variety of colours but the colours don't show until the wee has dried somewhat, so it could simply be compounds that are naturally present in the urine. My rabbits sometimes have orangy wee but mine do eat a lot of veg including carrots in their diet. It may not be anything sinister if the bunny is otherwise behaving and eating normally. Hope this helps. :D
Helen

I think wee normally looks more yelllowy than pink, only going on my lots pee though :lol: Mine dont seem to change colour no matter what they eat :shock:

Has your son left the number of the vet he uses? Maybe give them a call and just ask :) You could put her on a white towel or bit of vetbed for the night as that will show up any colour and you should be able to see. If your in any doubt though I would speak to the vet just incase :) x

Wee can vary greatly in colour, have you, uhh, got any other patcehs of wee to compare it with? :oops::oops: Am a bit mystified as to what it's doing outside the hutch though, could she have widdled over the side?

Rang vets today most confusing, first person spoke to said probably best to bring "delilah" in, then when rang back to make appointment spoke to someone else who said this colour wee is quite normal, that she keeps rabbits and this has happened to hers. if "delilah seems ok is eating, drinking and doing what well rabbits do, then not too worry. Thanks for all your replys, will let you know if there are any changes,
Many thanks, Ziggy

Back