• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having another bad rabbit day

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
When is it all going to end :shock:

Bruce was fine at 9 this morning, went out to do his meds about an hour later and he is huddled in a corner grinding his teeth. I picked him up to find he has dislocated his back leg. I couldn't believe it. He was rushed to the vets for an xray and GA. They have conformed the dislocation and managed to get it back in place. He needs to be confined for 10 days but if it comes out again he will need surgery :( He is 6 years old so this could be quite an ordeal for him.
Please could you keep you fingers crossed that it stays in place.

In 10 years I have never had such a bad time with the bunnies. I have another 6 year old being neutered tomorrow, I just hope that goes well, I can't take much more stress

oh my! it never rains but it pours doesnt it!

how on earth did he manage to do that :shock: a binky gone wrong?!

poor bunny, sending vibes

:shock: Sending every vibe I can muster that little Bruce's leg stays in place. How on earth has he managed that! Blimey Liz, words aren't enough right now :shock: I'm keeping fingers crossed x

oh you have really been through it lately! hope his dislocation doesn't lead to surgery and good luck with the neutering tomorrow.

Oh how terrible.

Its always like that for me too, one bad thing after another.

Wishing you all the best x

vibes x 6 for problem-free neutering
vibes x 1 for Bruce's leg
vibes x loads for you and for happier bunny days ahead....

can't believe what bad luck you're having, it's really not fair :( :( hope he's feeling better soon and that the buns don't give you any more "surprises"

you really are having a rough time. I know how it feels, my animals seem to be putting me through it at the moment. spent about £300 in the past few weeks at the vet. hope the neuters all go ok tomorrow, and bun's leg stays where it's put. x jess

Thank you everyone, the stress of it all is starting to make me ill :(

I was really looking forward to bonding Hector to his new girly today, but that has now been put on hold.

I can't wait to get Bruce home tomorrow, He was in so much pain when I last saw him, I just want to give him a cuddle.
I have no idea how he did it, he has been in the same set up for over a year and at least 5 other buns have lived in it before him and there has never been a problem before. It was damp this morning so he may have slipped on wet concrete, but surely it must take some force to dislocate a hip? I feel so guilty even though I don't know how it happened :cry:

Aww, poor Bruce and poor you. You and your buns are having such a bad time. Big hug to you and nose rubs for Bruce.

Bruce is now home and confined to his tiny cage. He is not impressed. He seems lively but isn't eating as much as usual. He is going back for a check up next week as long as nothing happens in the mean time. I'm just so pleased to have him home.

Liquorice is in for her spay this morning, they again reminded me that she was high risk due to her age. I really hope it all goes smoothly for her. I need to ring at 2 if they don't ring me before that.

I'm going to take my mind off Licky by bonding Hector to his lady friend this morning. As they are both fairly old I'm hoping it will be an easy bond, as I find most elderly bunnies can't be bothered to fight :lol:

Good luck with Hector and Dumpling, i hope its love at first sight! Snuggles to Bruce and vibes for Liqourice, I'll be thinking of her today, I hope it all goes well x x x x

Back