• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amount of pellets?

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi, I have looked quickly through old topics but can't find anything, and I have to be quick as I am using my husbands computer! So I had to start a new topic!

My rabbits went to the vets for their Myxo jabs and she said they are a bit overweight (Blue has put on weight :shock: ).

She said Barney should be about 2.5kg and Blue about 3kg.

They have unlimited hay. How much pellets should they be getting?

Christabel the vet did tell me, but I can't remember :oops:

My rabbits get an egg cup full of pellets each in the morning with their veg. In the evening they get two egg cups full of pellets in the evening each, but no veg. They also have unlimited amounts of hay.

Is that each? Per day?

Sorry I'm just making sure lol.

Mine don't get veg. When they did, it really upset their stomach (I had to throw the rug away!).

I do keep an eye on their poos to check they are ok though.

I give mine a teacup full of pellets each per day, Are your rabbits poorly with all veg?

I have a lionhead and a dwarf lop. Each gets a hand full once a day which is the same as an eggcup or table spoon. Lots of veg twice a day and unlimited hay, skirting board, newspaper:lol:
Tilly's just binkeyed past me reminding me lots of exercise too. Perhaps I should try this diet!!!

I give mine a teacup full of pellets each per day, Are your rabbits poorly with all veg?

I don't think all...but then when I give them any veg now it's a tiny tiny amount, e.g a cm square!

I know spinach is no good for them, anyway!

What veg do you give?

You could try starting them on herbs, mine like basil especially, I think they are less likely to cause problems, then you could gradually move them onto other veggies. Just little bits at a time then build up :D

Back