• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP!! Bald Spots U/D Pics

Clairabow

Warren Scout
I got back from holiday last Sun and noticed my two 4 month old does not getting along as nicely as they had been. My mam and dad said they had not been fighting whilst i was away however Jane (the black one) was mounting the Doris (grey one) over her face. On checking them the next day i noticed Jane (the black one) had two bald spots on her legs they are perfectly round and are in the inside creases of both her legs in exact places. I spoke to vet about it and she seems to think that the Doris may have nipped her to get her off and thats how it happened - the skin was not broken or inflamed and they did not seem to be bothering her, vet said just to keep an eye on her. It seems to be healing fine. I have now just noticed that Doris now has the exact same thing on one of her ears (it is right at the bottom of her ear where it joins her forehead). I have checked them both for mites and cannot see anything, there fur is really clean. I am thinking i am going to take them both to vets tmw but can anybody think what this could be???

Sorry for such a long post just wanted to include as much info as possible.

I have just managed to get some pics of Doris's ear i cant get Janes legs too difficult.

bunnyears012.jpg

bunnyears015.jpg

bunnyears014.jpg

bunnyears010.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard of the same thing with guinea's where the bald patches would come and go in the exact same places, and on both guineas...and they weren't bites or mites etc, exact same scenario as yours! I've also seen the '69' position with the bunnies, and if they're doing it like that, then wearing would happen on the skin as the ears don't tend to have much fat or hair anyway, esp as rabbits tend to be aggressive humpers? No idea why they do it like that?!

I would def go to the vet as skin conditions get out of control so easy, sorry I can't give u a diagnosis! I'm gonna be watching this thread...I want to know what it is now...and all the best x

Have been to vets and she said it is skin/fur mites although you cant see them so i have drops to get rid of them. she said they have quite dry scaly skin. they also had myxi jabs while they were there.

Ah interesting, I work with animals so always good to know. I hope they clear up soon and the mites leave them alone!

toffee and humbug (neutered)and bald patches at the nape of the neck and they do more that just brotherly love they go through phases of humping ALOT they were already treated for mites as one of my buns came in with mites so i treated them all, they do hump opposite ways its a form of dominance to, as with animals in the wild if you have seen tigers doing it they like to get a good grip it looks rough but if it really hurt they would make it known, doc has a seal he humps alot and tears bits off and throws it around and turns it over and gives it some more hes being neutered tomorrow, so hopefully it will calm down, biggles was the same with his toys and hes the most placid bunny i know so laid back hes horizontal, ive watch linus nip frostys back feet to get her to move so he can mount her too,
as others have said you cant see mites with the nekid eye, flaky skin can somtimes be a sign too,
girls do this more for a dominace thing, as with guinea pigs they always have a head sow so it seem your doe could be just grabbing the closest thing to prove a point

Back