• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grrrrrr why are my girls so ungrateful ?

I put a plastic water bowel in bonnie's hutch last night, when I turn my back, she picks it up with her teeth and throws it

When I do the same with her pellet bowel she throws that too

Moody rabbit

In contrast the boys are so pleased to see me and playful with it

Why does she do that ?

It's a girl thing...I have twelve rabbits, ten boys and two girls. Guess which two fight and which ten get on really well?....;)

aww she's just playing, she doesnt have the logical capabilities to realise if she throws it she'll have less water, she probably thinks youve given her a nice toy....try a ceramic one instead.

She is probably just messing about (although is she spayed?)! Smokey does the same sort of thing with me, she grooms my leg (biting nice holes in my trousers) and nips me on the bum is a friendly way:lol:!

she is spayed

i wondered if it was cos she was being playful...but one toss and it is ignored...so i don't think she is playing with me

she eyes me up suspiciously a lot of the time, but does eat out of my hands

Bless her she's just playing. If they CAN move it, they WILL. Always remember that when you give them things =]

With my rabbit we have a plastic container with two sides on it and he used to throw it everywhere so my dad got some wire and made a loop in his cage where we slide in the dish so he don't move it around.

A large no. of my buns do the same thing. Just last night, I have a small cup of water for the first time on 2nd fl., w/i minutes, my bun Minnie tip it over w/ water all over the place.

Now I replace it w/ a heavy bowl so she can't tip it over

She also might not like where you put it, just because you think it should go in a nice neat corner, they might not. Mine re-arrange their hutch everyday:D

Back