• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO sillyrabbit

bunny_mummy42

Warren Scout
Helloo fellow Channel Islander! :wave:

I'm *guessing* you're from Jersey from your mention of the animal shelter...

Which pet shop were you referring to about the hamster selling?

And was it Ra***ms you were talking about that is directing people to the animal shelter?

Am just interested to know which of our pet shops are ethical!!

:wave: OMG hi are you in Jersey! :lol:

I thought I was all alone :oops: :lol:

Yep Ransoms have stopped selling bunnies apparently although I havent been up to check for myself :D It was in the paper not long ago and I called them up a couple of weeks ago to check if they had something in stock rather than drive all the way out there and said I saw in the paper they werent selling buns anymore and she was like yeh its going really well :D

I was at the animal shelter last week though and forgot to ask them if they had managed to rehome more buns than usual from people who had been asking for buns at Ransoms, will check next time im up though :)

It was Pet Cabin, the one on that big hill near B&Q not the smaller one. I only go in there with my sister once every couple of months when she needs a lift to get a supply on rat toys but I was a bit like :shock: when they said but I still personally wouldnt shop there myself

I would say the most ethical is probably Pet Kingdom in St Johns, its the only one I shop in anyways. They sell sacks of Megazorb, bales of hay and large bags of the Excel food although ive swtiched from that now. But they do sell very small rabbit hutches which I dont really agree with but they all seem to dont they :( And I always get lost trying to find the place :oops: Everything else I order online :)

Aww how many buns do you have? x

I have two bunnies - Miffy and Spot.

Miffy is the naughtiest bunny I have ever known and unfortunately she encourages Spot! He's so dopey he does whatever she does. :roll:

They were meant to be house bunnies for the winter when they were babies, and garden bunnies at the mo - but my hubby (who didn't even want bunnies and had to be forcefully persuaded :lol:) loves them and refuses to let them stay outside overnight.

I also have 3 naughty cats - George, Charlie and Lola (seems to be a trend with the naughtiness of my pets...) and tropical fish. #

I usually buy my stuff from Ransoms (Miffy originally came from there :oops:) but my fussy buns won't eat any hay except Timothy hay, which so far I've only found at Pet Cabin. Not at all impressed with the ridiculously small enclosures they have for the buns that have been there for weeks / months on end tho - have you seen those poor continental giants? :cry: :evil:

I don't understand why none of our pet shops can have decent sized enclosures for their animals. It defies belief - surely they can't think it's ok?! :censored:

Never tried Animal Kingdom... might have a trip there this weekend.

What animals do you have? *desperately trying to sound unlike an animal-obsessed geek*

I dont look at the bunnies, I usually wait in the car :) Im not really allowed in the shop :oops: I had a huge arguement with the guy who runs the place over hutch sizes when I asked could he order me some 6ft ones :oops:

The worst thing is people actually board their buns in that shop in those little cages when they go away :shock: :cry:

Their other shop did have one giant bun in for ages and ages, but he was able to play free range in the shop all day and slept in a pen I was told. I know someone who works there from school so ask a million questions every time I see him :oops: :lol:

My first bunny Buu came from Ransoms too :) My mum was there today for lunch and she went and checked and saw no bunnies so thats good :lol:

I shop at Pet Kingdom because they dont sell animals and its the only place here you can get sacks of Megazorb which I use for the buns litter trays.

Mine were really fussy too with their hay :roll: It was costing a fortune to feed them all :shock: They all eat fresh meadow hay now, a bale lasts me almost two months and costs about £9 which is brilliant, it always smells so lovely and fresh :D For a while I was mixing Timmy hay in though while they got used to it.

Is it the Oxbow hay yours are eating? New Era vets sell the Oxbow hay, but they are a bit wierd about how many bags they sell to one person at a time which is a bit of a pain :roll:

I have four beautiful bunnies :love: Buu from Ransoms :lol: Trip and Scarlett just unwanted pets and Beau from the animal shelter :love: And ive a cat Smirnoff who is lovely :) And five rats called Flip, Wyatt, Zeke, Harry and Aubery :)

Trip and Scarlett are a bonded pair, and Beau was adopted as a friend for Buu but I couldnt bond them or find anyone who could help me so they live alone :cry: x

Back