• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnysitting

I Really Need Some Help On Bun Stitting :shock: Never Done It Before But Cant Be Difficult As I Own A Bun Myself :)
Well My Best Friend Is Going Camping For A Week And She Asked Whether I Would Babysit One Of Her Buns So Being A Bun Lover I Said Yup.
I Cant Wait And Shes Really Friendly But Is It Just Like Owning It Or What?!
Has Anybody On Here Bun Sat Before? :?
I Think I Will Be Fine Its Just Its A First For Me And Im So Excited :D

It's very important to treat any bunny in the way they are usually treated - so make sure you get detailed instructions from your friend on things like - how much food to give, what type of veg to give and when, how long out the bun usually gets etc etc. Any diet change can be very dangerous for a bunny so resist the temptation to give them treats unless the owner has told you that they usually have them. Try and keep their routine as similar to usual, so that they feel that everything is normal. And make sure you do plenty of bum checks and check that poops, eating and drinking are all normal.

We do this as a living for boarding and the best bit of advice i can give you is to make sure you find out who her vet is and ask her to sign something to say you can take her pet for veterinary treatment if needed and that she will pay all fees on her return.

Back