• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few pictures of Tinkerbell settling in U/D p4 She's a house rabbit.

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
For those who don't know her story she was at the RSPCA in Walsall
and is the mother of the lovely (and available!!) Sooty and Fidget.
http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/newpages/fidget&sooty.htm

I reserved her five weeks ago and collected her on Thursday, now that Sooty and Fidget
are big enough to cope without her and after her spay the week before.

Here she is, in her own words:

Who are you pointing that camera at??
:shock:

PICT2785.jpg

If you really MUST take pictures, this is my best side :)

PICT2786.jpg

How do I get out of here?

PICT2788.jpg

I wonder if it's possible to escape over there??

PICT2795.jpg

Actually, it's not that bad in here - I wonder how long it takes to run from one end to the other ?

PICT2790.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like she is settling in nicely! Can't believe noone has taken Sooty and Fidget yet - they are too cute! I keep looking at their piccies and wishing I could have them!

Looks like she is settling in nicely! Can't believe noone has taken Sooty and Fidget yet - they are too cute! I keep looking at their piccies and wishing I could have them!

I met them when I collected Tinks..... and Fidget's markings are a delicate tan and darker brown, she is really gorgeous :love::love: Sooty is a very handsome little man too :love::love: I hope someone on RU gets them as I'd love to keep in touch.

I love this bun, been hoping you would post some pics of her :love: Didnt win the lottery tonight so still cant have as many buns as Id like :( How Id love Sooty & Fidget

I love this bun, been hoping you would post some pics of her :love:

Thanks. She is a little sweety, very tuned in to everything around her but she really doesn't like any attempts to stroke her!! I did manage to give her a quick nose rub when I gave her some raisins but she has even growled at me, so I'm going to have to take it really steady. I know Kirsty (Chipmunk_K) has put a lot of work in to get to this stage but hopefully now Tinks has been spayed she should be settling down a bit.

I just hand fed her some raisins and she was so gentle :love::love:

She backed off when I tried to give her a nose rub but she came straight back for another raisin. I really do think she wants to trust .. she's such a little sweety :love::love:

Just a quick update of progress. The only time she growled was the day after I brought her home and I was standing over her cage which
was on the floor so no doubt she was scared.... no similar behaviour at all since.

She is extremely sociable .. I've managed to stroke her a few times without providing treats which she tolerates ... I don't think we've quite
reached the 'enjoy' stage yet but she doesn't startle or shrink away.

Here's a few pictures of her whilst being distracted by a fresh green leaf (yum yum!)

PICT2803.jpg

PICT2805.jpg

PICT2804.jpg

PICT2800.jpg

:love::love: :love::love: :love::love: :love: :love:

awwwwww those pictures made me cry!! gosh I am so happy she is settling for you...she was like that for awhile before her spay, letting me fuss her while she ate, without any growling or anything, it was just the sudden turn after her escape, when she reversed a bit.... I am just sooo soooo happy that she's getting on well with you!! Thank you sooo much for loving her!!!

Edit for a P.S. Tilly is starting to lop her ears!!!!!!!!!!!! Fidgets are completely lopped, but sooty still has blinkers!

Last edited:
Oh wow she is soo pretty :love: Not read her story yet, going to after posting this :)

Its awful when you have a animal in and there so scared. Ive had a fair few fosters in like that and it breaks my heart :(

Chipmunk, Do you work for the RSPCA? Nice meeting you today BTW:wave:

Thanks - it might be difficult to piece her whole story together - so here goes:

2 x 6 month old does and
2 x ?3 month old does and a 3 month old buck
were taken into the RSPCA care in Walsall

Kirsty (Chipmunk-K) was initially fostermum to all.

Puddle (6 months) went on to have 5 absolutely gorgeous little kits
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=139846&highlight=puddle

Tinkerbell was the youngest to give birth and had two kits (see Chipmunk-K signature).

Tilly (Tink's littermate) had 3 kits... sadly only Ivy remains. (She had these 2 weeks after Tink's babes were born).
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=141088&highlight=tilly+home

Elliot is another littemate of Tinks & Smudge is Puddle's littermate -
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=139160&highlight=tilly+home

Tinks was (I think) always the most withdrawn of them, probably because she was very hormonal.... she was an excellent mother though despite being so very young...... I think it's this that made me want to adopt her (as well as those gorgeous ears!!)

Edited to add links!

Last edited:
awwwwww those pictures made me cry!! gosh I am so happy she is settling for you...she was like that for awhile before her spay, letting me fuss her while she ate, without any growling or anything, it was just the sudden turn after her escape, when she reversed a bit.... I am just sooo soooo happy that she's getting on well with you!! Thank you sooo much for loving her!!!

Edit for a P.S. Tilly is starting to lop her ears!!!!!!!!!!!! Fidgets are completely lopped, but sooty still has blinkers!

It was good timing for me to get her so soon after her spay and for her to be settling in during that time... poor girl's had so much to cope with. I've kept her outside to try and ease her in in her own time but I've put Rudy near her to see how they go and they seemed fairly amicable..... I'm going to play it really carefully because I don't want to give either of them the slightest reason to feel defensive towards each other. I'm probably going to bring her into the same room as Rudy in a few days (part of the room he hasn't had access to). She really is a little treasure :love::love:

Back