• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

William's post surgury scars...not for the faint of heart

AprilLynne

Warren Scout
His abscess was removed on Tuesday (Aug 5th) and the surgery went very well - the vet got it all and he's now on an antibiotic/painkiller. Goes back in a couple weeks for the stitches to be removed :p
n602455002_876177_3775.jpg

But he's eating tons! And seems to be healing up properly :p
n602455002_876176_1618.jpg

We've had a bit of a struggle with getting him to take the medicine via syringe down his throat and he spent quite some time hiding out in his little house :roll::(
n602455002_876178_4919.jpg

But it seems like the new idea of applesauce/medicine topping a banana slice works!
n602455002_876179_6044.jpg

That's very neat actually isn't it? He doesn't look to bad at all.
Sending lots of snuggles to him.

That's very neat actually isn't it? He doesn't look to bad at all.
Sending lots of snuggles to him.

Yes, it's actually quite well done... his vet said he did the same cuts a plastic surgeon would use for breast implants without a visible scar!!:lol::lol:

It doesn't seem to bother him too much - no scratching, etc... But he's quite angry with me for making him take medicine!

Awww my Lillian looked the same after she had a huge tumor removed from under her eye, it had infected her jaw and she had loads of it removed. Looked funny from the side because one side of her face was plump and the other flat. Hope his fur grows back soon :)

Awww my Lillian looked the same after she had a huge tumor removed from under her eye, it had infected her jaw and she had loads of it removed. Looked funny from the side because one side of her face was plump and the other flat. Hope his fur grows back soon :)

How did Lillian do with the surgery? William's vet originally thought the abscess might stem from his tooth and require jaw surgery, but it ended up just being in his cheek.

How did Lillian do with the surgery? William's vet originally thought the abscess might stem from his tooth and require jaw surgery, but it ended up just being in his cheek.

The vet phoned mid operation to say they think the bone is infected and they can't fully remove the tumor, as it would require breaking her jaw. They also thought it would come back and asked if we wanted her put to sleep but i said no, they had to give her a chance. So they carried on with the op and removed as much as possible. She completely recovered, even the vet was shocked :) she was such a brave little girl

The vet phoned mid operation to say they think the bone is infected and they can't fully remove the tumor, as it would require breaking her jaw. They also thought it would come back and asked if we wanted her put to sleep but i said no, they had to give her a chance. So they carried on with the op and removed as much as possible. She completely recovered, even the vet was shocked :) she was such a brave little girl

What an amazing bunny!! I hope William has a complete recovery like Lillian:)

awwwwwwwwww healing vibes sent, :love:
i know exactly how he feels after having two lots of root canel treatments on one tooth and haveing an operation involing going through the gumline and drilling out the root tip and finding the infection had spread to the other root tip and my jaw bone i looked at bit like him to, i still have probs now mind you all this is due to a major f*** up with the dentist and i gave up after 12 years of it, make sure he has the full course of antibiotics, and hope he gets better in taking them any way you could hide it on his fav veg or does it have to administed via syringe ?

awwwwwwwwww healing vibes sent, :love:
i know exactly how he feels after having two lots of root canel treatments on one tooth and haveing an operation involing going through the gumline and drilling out the root tip and finding the infection had spread to the other root tip and my jaw bone i looked at bit like him to, i still have probs now mind you all this is due to a major f*** up with the dentist and i gave up after 12 years of it, make sure he has the full course of antibiotics, and hope he gets better in taking them any way you could hide it on his fav veg or does it have to administed via syringe ?

I called the vet this morning, as he'd taken to angrily thumping his foot at me in fear I was about to give him the syringe. They said to try mixing it with applesauce so I bought some organic baby food and put the sauce/meds mix on a banana slice. He ate it all wonderfully! Still a little upset at me for the previous syringe administrations :-( but seems to be calming down about that!

Awww so glad he's doing well, I saw your post earlier about the stamping. Well done you for giving him the chance - he's gorgeous !!:love::love:

Back