• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is he TOO sleepy??

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
this may sound odd, well it may sound very odd, but star is currently in my room, andi have been in here mostof the day, but unable to have him free range as i am tidying my room but he has been asleep nearly all day?

he kinda flops, but not quite a happy flop, and then he curls up and goes to sleep... but is this normal for a bun to sleep this much?

sorrel doesnt sleep as such, but in the daytime, she spends most of her time lying down...they come alive at night :shock:

i guess its different with house bunnies? mine r so active all day cus there outside but cus star is indoors atm i guess thats why?

im worried hes bored :(

Rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk as they are crepuscular (not sure if thats the right spelling!)
My 2 are outside buns and spend a lot of the day sleeping and stretched right out whether they are in the garden or in their hutch.

as they are nocturnal animals they do tend to doze in the day, if biggles get get into my room he stays under my bed all day and wont budge till dinner time, hes much more liveier at night

my buns r weird then, ive had them 2 years and they never doze really, ive never seen 3 of them sleep ever!!

lol star is just sooo snoozy its soooo cute!

but at 5am this morning he was digging, pulling up the bit of carpet in his cage and biting the bars to get out

my pair are just waking up now... they are in and out of the litter tray and lying middle of the room now

my room is so small i cnt even fit a puppy pen in it, no matter what way i do it, so ive folded it, and made it into a 'corner' to put around my tv unit (cables lol) and put a couple of blankets on the floor, a tunnel and some toys and hes out now playing lol! but i cnt move from the bed as theres no room:roll:

my room is so small i cnt even fit a puppy pen in it, no matter what way i do it, so ive folded it, and made it into a 'corner' to put around my tv unit (cables lol) and put a couple of blankets on the floor, a tunnel and some toys and hes out now playing lol! but i cnt move from the bed as theres no room:roll:

my idea of heavon :)

My house bunnies are active early morning and late evening and just laze around all day and presumably all night too cos our bedroom is above their room and they're pretty quiet at night.

I gave our buns room ( they let us share it as a living room! ) a thorough cleaning on Friday, made a coffee when I came back Chocolate had flopped over on his side in the hutch. He lay so very still my first thought was BLOAT! I had to gently nudge him awake to check. Never seen him so chilled out before!! :lol::lol::lol:
Perhaps it was all the warm sunshine we had!

Our Fluffy used to have a day or so where he'd be quiet all day as if he was under the weather but this was normal for him.

my buns r weird then, ive had them 2 years and they never doze really, ive never seen 3 of them sleep ever!!

lol star is just sooo snoozy its soooo cute!

but at 5am this morning he was digging, pulling up the bit of carpet in his cage and biting the bars to get out

What are their diet like lately? If their diet is reasonable, then it's the hot summer changing their normal day to day pattern

What are their diet like lately? If their diet is reasonable, then it's the hot summer changing their normal day to day pattern

he isnt my bun, but my sis feeds him on mix and while they give him hay they dont give him enough, im forever telling them

x

nodding off

my little lolly is a right snoozer during the day!!
sometimes he gets that head wobble when he's nodding off - so sweet to watch! other times he's so chilled out, he lies on his tummy, legs stretched out behind him with his bunny bum sticking up, looks like J Lo's bum in a tight furry dresss. other times he's flat out and looking like a furry puddle on the floor!!

EMMY LOVES HER LITTLE BABY BUNKIN!! xxxxxxxxxx:love::love::love:

Boris spent hours snoozing underneath the sofa yesterday,I actually went shopping for two hours without realising I had left him out :shock::lol:

Back