• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barney is poorly-sick. ):

casu consulto

Mama Doe
My silly Barney-boy is poorly. My mum woke me at 8:30 am, telling me she thought he was in some stasis episode, because he was all stretched out and shying away from his breakfast. So I got up and he came inside so I could try and get him moving about a bit and try tempting him with some food. My mum had to go shopping, so for an hour or so I was making him hop about, and he kept drinking from a bowl of water - he did a few poohs, but not many. He's been to the vets and had a gut stimulant, and had his teeth looked at and stuff... But he tends to do this when he is moulting. :( He's with his Amber-bun out in the run and I'm hoping the grass will tempt him. It's not cold here at all, so he should be okay out there for a while.

He's so not himself though... He's normally all cheeky and a little pest, but he's subdued and a bit floppy.

So do I. :(
I keep peering out the window - but he's just lay beside Amber. I've got no idea how soon a gut stimulant will start working. But I wish he'd return to normal.

I normally keep pestering Munch by tickling his nose with a piece of hay etc until he eats something. When he does I know he's gona be ok but until then its a really scarey time. Cmon Barney eat & stop scaring your Mum

I just looked out (there's a bush in front of the window, so I need to peer around it), and he is sat up and looking alert... Hope that means he's feeling more comfortable! D:

I just looked out (there's a bush in front of the window, so I need to peer around it), and he is sat up and looking alert... Hope that means he's feeling more comfortable! D:

Id say he is. If hes showing an interest it can only mean his discomfort/pain is going :)

Well... I watched, and he was sat up giving himself a good wash (which is brilliant... like he doesn't have enough fur inside him as it is :roll: ), and so I went outside and the moment he saw me go through the gate he turned around and flopped back down. Either he is doing it deliberately (which he's done before), or he felt better for a few minutes then bad again. :? Confused now!

Well... I watched, and he was sat up giving himself a good wash (which is brilliant... like he doesn't have enough fur inside him as it is :roll: ), and so I went outside and the moment he saw me go through the gate he turned around and flopped back down. Either he is doing it deliberately (which he's done before), or he felt better for a few minutes then bad again. :? Confused now!

This reminds me of a friends dog many years ago. Dog had been run over & borke his leg & had to limp around. Limping got him loads of attention & once he'd healed whenever he was in trouble he'd lift his paw & start limping. Animals know how to get the attention they want.

But only you know your bunny but when Munch starts to groom I know he's fine

Back