• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have a garden!

Amanita

Warren Scout
Moved into a rented house in Leeds and for the first time in years I have access to a garden so the bunnies got to enjoy it. The grass was so long because the previous tenants never bothered to mow it. I figure the bunnies and guinea pigs will do the job for us!

Sam:
DSC00703.JPG

Sam again, doesn't he look handsome in this pic? :love:
DSC00711.JPG

Investigating
DSC00715.JPG

Wesley
DSC00712.JPG

DSC00720.JPG

I know that willow trellis doesn't make the most secure run in the world, it was our first weekend there and the sun shone. It seemed a shame not to take advantage of it so we strung the trellises and the bunnies always had an human attendant!

Both bunnies live in cages like the one Wes is in as indoor bunnies in seperate rooms in the house.

That's an excellent make shift run! I bet the bunies loved it - the grass is almost as tall as them.

where did u get that willow thingy from cus id love to put one IN my run for them to jump over and chew x

My mother picked them up from a shop we called the "china" shop because it was run by chinese.

Here in Leeds I can them from from the Wilkinsons thats practically at the end of my road for £1.50 - £3.00 depending on how tall I want them. Previously the trellis had been used indoors to stop the terrors getting at the TV wires and the fireplace. As you can see in the photos they also double as a chew toy ;)

Little Sam had to leap about to make his way through all that tall grass, its the cutest thing I've ever seen!

My mother picked them up from a shop we called the "china" shop because it was run by chinese.

Here in Leeds I can them from from the Wilkinsons thats practically at the end of my road for £1.50 - £3.00 depending on how tall I want them. Previously the trellis had been used indoors to stop the terrors getting at the TV wires and the fireplace. As you can see in the photos they also double as a chew toy ;)

Little Sam had to leap about to make his way through all that tall grass, its the cutest thing I've ever seen!

ohhhhh i want some lol! :(

They're pretty much standard garden trellis, bet you can get something similar at any garden centre or DIY sore :)

And Sam is my special little cutie. I had never seen a bunny like him (mind you, my bunny experience is very limited :oops:) and he was one of those dreaded and frowned upon impulse petshop buys. The circumstances around that is complicated but I make no apologies. It was love at first sight.

Aw your bunnies are having so much fun in all that long grass. It is a shame you live so far away from me so I could bring my four to help eat it. We only have that pea shingle stuff, I hate it and am sure the buns do too.
Lovely bunnies by the way. you are not the only one with a 'love at first sight' shop bought bunny. my Scamp is one as well and no apologies from me.
The other 3 are rescues.

ooooooooooooooooo i so love the first pic he could a david attenbough commentry "today we are here in this jungle of fresh lean grass.....:lol:"

glad your so trusting with the willow trellis i couldnt dream of useing it for a run mine all love to try and jump over things, great idea though im gonna nose dont my willkinson for my indoor buns to have fun with :D

moortown at the moment...I like to go for a jaunt up to headingley to make use of the charity shops though :D are you new to leeds or just to headingley?

I'm new to Leeds :) Moved here hoping to find work. Its not quite moving along as fast as I hoped though :(

Fortunately with my bunnies if I give them enough space and fun things to do inside a run they don't seem to think that the grass is greener outside it! Although perhaps its because I put their runs on the best bits of grass on the lawn! :lol:

Back