• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

too far away? question for rescuers

deez

Warren Scout
i have been looking through the available rabbits for adoption. problem is i live in north wales, and many i have been drawn to are miles away, some i like have been in rescue for such a long time, its sad.
i am looking for a bonded pair, who would live as house rabbits- and when garden has been done, also have a run for them outside.
the local rspca, hasnt many rabbits, as i'm looking for 2 small rabbits, it seems i'm limited around this area.
and then there's the home check- i'm sure no one would do one so far away.
anyone got any advice, or know of a private rescue centre around north wales area?

If you have seen bunnies you like in a rescue that is a distance away from you it is worth contacting them to see if they are happy to rehome to you. Some rescues are quite happy to do that especially if the bunnies in question have been looking for a home for a long time. Long distance homechecks and bunny runs are frequently arranged on here :D

oh cool- so someone who lives nearby could do the check. would i need to get everything before they come, or would they just have a look and advise me what to get?

Probably best to get everything before they arrive, then they can let you know if what you have is ok and whether you need anything else :D

I would contact them in advance to find out what their requirements are, and buy your equipment according to what they advise.

They need to see that you have your setup in place - but you dont want to find out *after* you've bought it thats its smaller than they rehome to. ;)

I'm in North Wales and all my buns haven't been local I've collected from Manchester,Yorkshire and Birmingham.
If your near enough to me I could do your homecheck.

I'm in North Wales and all my buns haven't been local I've collected from Manchester,Yorkshire and Birmingham.
If your near enough to me I could do your homecheck.

oh that would be good, could give me advice on stuff i need too.

I have Tommy and Delilah, (in RIN)
And also their sisters Angelika and Kimmy.

They have been here since they were 8 weeks old, and they are now 8 and a half months old.

010-10.jpg

I have Tommy and Delilah, (in RIN)
And also their sisters Angelika and Kimmy.

They have been here since they were 8 weeks old, and they are now 8 and a half months old.

010-10.jpg

omg, i would be so tempeted to bring them home with me :love:
i can offer part of a bunny run from starlights as we will be down there in a few weeks to collect a bunny. we live in manchester so not too far for north wales

omg, i would be so tempeted to bring them home with me :love:
i can offer part of a bunny run from starlights as we will be down there in a few weeks to collect a bunny. we live in manchester so not too far for north wales

lol hang on- think maybe too big?! trying to find out what hutch and stuff need first-- soooo tempting though

Hi

I foster for Newport Rescue Range.

I currently have this bunny in, who is a New Zealand. He's a really lovely boy, a gentle giant who would make a fab house rabbit:

DSCF1782.jpg

These little Netherlands have also just gone back to the rescue. There are six of them, 3 boy, 3 girls.

DSCF1760.jpg

If you are interested in any of these then please pm me. Im sure we could arrange a bunny run some of the way. :)

looks good!

im shocking, im trying to work out if i can find space for those two bunnies, they are sooo cute :love:

good luck with choosing a pair of bunnies, i found it so hard looking for a friend for diego

I could bring a couple up from Newport on my way to Yorkshire this week Deez. Nethies don't need quite as much space and they are so sweet natured. :D
Nice hutch btw.

Back