• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I think Is Oliver Is A girl! Help!!

Hopper

Mama Doe
:shock: Ok, im sure Oliver is a girl, anyone local to me who could perhaps come round and look who is good at sexing buns?

he/she is almost 11 weeks old, no sign of testicles at all and when I looked at genitals last night I swear blind its a vagina! Obviously im not exoerineced at this at all but have sat hours studying pics on interent and I tink He is a she.

Whats worrying me is i need to know as I have 2 buns coming next week, a boy and a girl and i was going to start bonding the boy with Oliver, Obviously im not going to do that as I have my doubts now so all 3 will be seperate until I know what oliver is :roll:

I had the same problem,it is very difficult to tell.Males have broader heads and shoulders and my male has started to spray urine:cry:roll on neutering day!

Oh dear! I'd come round if I was closer, have you pushed down on the bits? You can't tell from just looking, gently push on the side away from the anus and the relevant bits should pop up - more so for a boy and you will see a more cylindrical shape - the biggest clue is the size of the slit - small and round for a boy and long for a girl. Pics would really help.

Ref bonding I'd wait until they are all neutered anyway as it will be much easier.

I will try pictures now.

Yeh i pushed down like it showed me on the sites I looked up. It looks like a long slit to me which is why im surprised, and at this age I would of thought signs of tezzies would be showing.

Just going to try some pics now, brb.

Ok, these pictures arent very good at all im afraid. i ask to ask my neighbours daughter to take them whilst I held oliver so they dont really show the slit.

sexing2.jpg

sexing3.jpg

sexing1.jpg

Id say the 1st picture is the best in accurcy and clearness.

I still say he's a boy :) out of the 4 babies 3 started to get the tezzies at 12weeks harley was about 14/15 weeks

Ohh ok. Just worrying as usual again :oops: Just the bits look like those of girls on pictures on net.

Thank you :D :wave:

Hope Oliver doesnt find out ive posted his bits and bobs on interent for all to see :shock: :lol:

Ohh ok. Just worrying as usual again :oops: Just the bits look like those of girls on pictures on net.

Thank you :D :wave:

Hope Oliver doesnt find out ive posted his bits and bobs on interent for all to see :shock: :lol:

Ive covered Poppys eyes :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That is how my stumpy looked and the vet said he was a boy.The vet nurse will tell you and they wont charge you anything,but i think he is a boy;)

hes a boy!!:D

however, i wouldnt actually try to bond himwith another boy when neither bun is neutured, as soo as his bits drop they will fight.

i would get him neutured n bond him with a girl, but if you do want to bond him with a boy, get themboth neutured asap and then try it :D

hes a boy!!:D

however, i wouldnt actually try to bond himwith another boy when neither bun is neutured, as soo as his bits drop they will fight.

i would get him neutured n bond him with a girl, but if you do want to bond him with a boy, get themboth neutured asap and then try it :D

That was my initial plan anyway. Just if oliver was a girl I wanted to be sure as it means he (or thinking a she) would have to wait longer before speying, where as when the other boy comes they will be nuetered as soon as tezzies appear and be bonded and the girlie later when speyed. Obviously None of that may work so one could be on there own anyway but thats the plan :)

Back