• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stumpy bit my hand and it is bleeding

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
This is the 3rd time in a week he has done this,usually when I go to feed him.Why does he do this?It really hurts,when He is neutererd will it stop?The bite on my arm a few days ago has a huge bruise around the teeth marks:shock:

ouchy Jackie,
sorry no answers to your questions, just wanted to sympathise, as I"ve been scratched big-time this week :oops: :lol:

:no: Naughty Stumpy, he looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth too!

Hope you are OK. Not sure how to stop him, maybe someone else will come along shortly.

Stumpie is trying to be dominant.Naughty Stumpie biting mummy:no::no::no::no:Jackie you try pushing his head down as that is what a submissive bun will do to a dominant bun.

Jackie, my Ra used to bite my shoulder whn he was picked up so I know how painful it can be, but three times in a row is no joke!!

I know that Ra bit 'cos he was scared, but it sounds like Stumpy is just showing off how manly he is - maybe it's in retaliation to all that pink stuff you get him:lol::lol::lol:

I'd def find another way to feed him so that your hands are not game for a good nipping. Have you squealed each time he's bit you?

Norty Stumpy :no::no::no:

When I first got bungle he used to nip me when he got excited or if I stopped fussing him. Maybe Stumpy just gets over excited at food time?

Do you put food in a bowl already down or put a bowl with food in down? He may be territorial over his bowl. I always fill the bowls and then out them down.

:no: Naughty Stumpy, he looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth too!

Hope you are OK. Not sure how to stop him, maybe someone else will come along shortly.

:lol: I was thinkjing this too after looking at his sweet face on your siggy, but i know it hurts as Poppy frequently gives me a nip, and yes it hurts.x

Can he see ok? We have one short sighted bun who bites at feeding time. It's not to do with hormones as he's around 2 and was neutered at 14 weeks. But he is a scanner etc so we think he just can't tell what's food and what's hand and gets over excited.

This is the 3rd time in a week he has done this,usually when I go to feed him.Why does he do this?It really hurts,when He is neutererd will it stop?The bite on my arm a few days ago has a huge bruise around the teeth marks:shock:

When you feed him you're invading his territory.

Can he see ok? We have one short sighted bun who bites at feeding time. It's not to do with hormones as he's around 2 and was neutered at 14 weeks. But he is a scanner etc so we think he just can't tell what's food and what's hand and gets over excited.

Do you know you may be right,when you put the food down he doesnt go straight to it,he runs round trying to find it,I shall check with the vet

Be careful if he draws blood - I've just finished a course of anti-biotics after getting bitten by one of my piggies last week!

I took on a food aggressive bunny a while back. Any time I went into his enclosure with food Merlin would hurtle towards me growling, ears back and nipping my ankles and also growling at his companion, Bramble, who had to sit in the corner til he calmed down! Initially I always tried thick trousers but he spotted any gap. I solved it by retreating WITH THE FOOD for an hour or so and after 2 more nips the clever bun made the connection between nipping and the food disappearing :p He stills puts on a big performance - all 1 foot high of him but he has never nipped since. He also lets Bramble tuck in as long as he gets the first munch!

try feeding little amount throughout the day if you can, i have two girlies who lunge at me at dinner time more to snatch the food off me for which i take it away and say a very firm no then i put my hand in and push the nose gently down to prevent them from lunging or mounting my hand then place the food in, you are invading there terriatory i have one bun who hates me cleaning out the cage and refuses to move he grunts and thumps his feet so i thump my hand near me not him and grunt at him back for which he just sulks but stops thumping and grunting im telling him whos boss, he thumps loudly too when we have a fox in the garden its the only time hes nice and loveing because im scareing a fox orf

Show him who is boss, as it will only get worse as he gets bigger and the pushing is head down is good advice.

Back